2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No nooky love for us today. Lots of pinks and a wild coho. Sandheads to T10 like everyone else. Same depths and baits and lures. just not in the cards today. Guest on board had a great day however. Me thinks Monday.
I think this is the transition week. We are going to see the wave of white ones coming in very soon and fishing will be hot again before the long weekend. Of course, this is coming from my optimist side after a couple of cold ones....

Went out for the "night bite" around the QA. Fished from 18:00-20:00. Running three rods...anchovy and hootchy off the 'riggers, and a herring cutplug fished shallow. Nothing to show for my efforts, unfortunately. No bites, not action around me as far as I could tell.

It was a beautiful evening on the water thoughAug 24 fishing crop.jpg

Do any of you guys try "working" the gear when it's slow? I've yet to have an unproductive half hour in my last 6 or 7 trips. When things get slow I switch things up going from spoons on flashers to plugs to whatever the hell I've got in the bag. I also jockey the gear up and down 10-20 feet with the rigger. I'll even fish against the grain as some guys have stated they hate lol. I don't know man I just can't conceive an unproductive trip right now. Wash your hands? Stop killing crows? Donate to charity? Get that skunk off!

We’ve been patiently trying to get on the list....
If I offer another date at Burrard in the fall and nobody responds, again, I'll never offer again. I think we can make some good out of this and make a fundraiser/sfbc fishing derby out of it. 4 people is not enough to make it happen.

On the water today. T10. One sockeye and one under size. Why do people need to speed up to pass you when the want to 90 degree turn?
same as when a group of boats r fishing and a goof decides to motor thru the group rather then going around everyone while everyones boat gets bounced around drives me nuts

If I offer another date at Burrard in the fall and nobody responds, again, I'll never offer again. I think we can make some good out of this and make a fundraiser/sfbc fishing derby out of it. 4 people is not enough to make it happen.
i could take more off your hands and freeze it

Hey guys, newly registered but ive been lurking for a while :D

I was thinking of fishing sandheads wed if the weather is decent but everything i see on dfo website is that 29-10 is closed? Was there a special announcement about it that i missed?

Hey guys, newly registered but ive been lurking for a while :D

I was thinking of fishing sandheads wed if the weather is decent but everything i see on dfo website is that 29-10 is closed? Was there a special announcement about it that i missed?
29-10 is always closed, it is part of the banana belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back