2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With forecasted building winds decided to come home early from Nanaimo after a great weekend at the blues festival.
Stopped off north of the T10 around 9 and immediately were into springs.
One 25-pounder and 15 pounder red and lost two others.
Tried finding a few pinks for about a half hour or so but packed it in as the seas were getting pretty lumpy.
Year old brined chovy that wasn't looking that perfect so goes to show you.
45 to 65 on riggers.
Saw lots of action on other boats as well.

All my fish have been on last years un-brined anchovies; haven't even opened the packs from this year yet. Teaser heads help.

Ive checked some of the earlier posts on this subject and they mostly talked about leader length, im wondering what color hoochie is working best?, do i remove some of the tenticles and do i scent them? Ive not fished them often i usually use bait or spoons any info would great thanks in advance

i think chatruese flasher is the way to go with green teasers. Carry an extra one as well an extra release clip. Murky water green glo is going to perform well. Blue teasers would be a good choice as well but for clearer water. I have had success with purple onion and purple haze teasers but this may because of murky or green water.

One line for sure gets the chatruese then another setup try something else. Purple onlion and as we move into fall i would use a tri flasher or gold. Keep in mind with all the boats out there try runninng a naked teaser head.

Ive checked some of the earlier posts on this subject and they mostly talked about leader length, im wondering what color hoochie is working best?, do i remove some of the tenticles and do i scent them? Ive not fished them often i usually use bait or spoons any info would great thanks in advance

I was using a 28” leader with 40lbs mono and got both springs and coho. 32” would probably be better. White green white red and plain white (uv). Deeper a pink spatterback would be good.

My understanding from another guide is for sea sickness you should take 1 to 2 days before you depart "Ginger" pill's This is what astronauts use prior to launch and apparently it works awesome!!! Unfortunately or not I don't have this issue but my buddy makes SURE his clients are aware and prepared cause he don't like puke on his boat …. PERIOD!!! :)

Thats good info do i trim some off the tenticles off the hoochies?
You dont need to trim the tentacles. I use white/pearl colour hoochies. I rig them with a uv mylar insert and 4 orange beads to a single 4/0 hook. about 3ft of 40lb or stiffer leader. I always use scent, if for no other reason than to cover my scent. I will apply the scent to the beads so it stays on a little longer and i dont really want the tentacles sticking together. I use lunker lotion or Mikes brand "salmon" scent.

Thank you so much for your info Salmon seeker i really appreciate it ill guess i can get the inserts at sea run or any other tackle place. Ill be out thurs afternoon to give it all a whirl hopefully its fish on for my buddy coming out with me for the first time

Anyone fishing, condition report? Wind looks like it is due to build early evening.
I’d say we’re talking motion sickness on this thread because it’s pretty damn windy the past few days and not many are out there. Lol

Still hooking into nice; big scrappy white springs up here in CR. Me thinks you Vancouver boys are going to have an extended fishing season.
Still hooking into nice; big scrappy white springs up here in CR. Me thinks you Vancouver boys are going to have an extended fishing season.

I think it is going to happen big time. Was out area 29 way and didn't matter what you put in the water it was a spring hookup. All this talk about lures etc. get your line in the water and you have a spring .
Just pretty bum[pyy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back