2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking of brining my bait would you any recommend let stand 24 hour evaporate the chlorine, coarse salt, powdered milk and mrs stewart bluing (got some from the states a while back). Drain and cool in a bucket. or just use coarse salt on the pack.

Im thinking of brining my bait would you any recommend let stand 24 hour evaporate the chlorine, coarse salt, powdered milk and mrs stewart bluing (got some from the states a while back). Drain and cool in a bucket. or just use coarse salt on the pack.

This fish are savagely attacking anything. Put it in a bag with coarse salt over night and rest your arms.

You can dye leprechaun bait too if you choose.

Frankly, it does not matter. Goodluck out there.

First time out this year; went to Sandheads. 17 lb red, then my 12 yr old lost a cookie cutter copy at the boat. Then the boy caught a gently released jack spring. Then I lost a hog to a seal; took everything. Then lost another cookie cutter at the boat. Fishing chovies. Lots of boats catching. Almost like sockeye fishing.

Not sure anymore posts are needed today. Boxed 3 at sandheads between 12 and 2. 14, 15 and 18. All fish on chovies. 40 and 50 on the riggers. Had a seal take one about 20' from the boat. Thought it was a big fish that woke up at first. Chased the bugger for 15 mins.
Who cares if they're needed we deserve it. Post away! We'll be talking about the roller coaster of 2019 in the future I would think.

Fyi the wall of fish extends a ways up the straits. I spoke to a few guys who fished the north end of the hump and it was lights out. All fish I saw today had nothing in the stomach so they're smelling fresh water in the Fraser. All ones I saw were red too

Fyi the wall of fish extends a ways up the straits. I spoke to a few guys who fished the north end of the hump and it was lights out. All fish I saw today had nothing in the stomach so they're smelling fresh water in the Fraser. All ones I saw were red too

Yes reports from all over the island both sides have been reporting incredible #'s of Springs. So great to hear and great to know a lot of folks dependant on revenue from this industry are gonna be able to salvage some income from the rest of the season still.

We finished the afternoon with our limit of 5 red springs in the box, released 2 and lost 2. All teenagers caught at North arm and trolling south. 200 - 300 ft of water, between 45 and 67 feet down. Most on anchovy but three on a spoon.

Attachments

• Fish Aug 10, 2019.jpg
    Fish Aug 10, 2019.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 129
3 in the box all landed back to back at 7am at 60’, Pinks and dogs since. It’s been a grind.

Anyone found a hot depth?

I'm on Keats for the weekend, laying in the boat as the rain pounds and I'm wondering how many of these fish are gonna run up the rivers?

Captain obvious reporting. Fishing is epic. Got our 2 again pretty quick at Sandheads this morning. Same story as yesterday, minus the seal.
Hey guys. Any live weather reports out there for Sandheads. Thinking of taking the family out, don’t mind the wet kids aren’t fans of the rough. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back