2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
6686474A-10EC-4144-89DF-FC269622D9CB.png Been awhile for a post...
Been a pretty productive season..
Haven’t fished anywhere but Thrasher all season. Probably been out 8-10 times since my last posting.
This last couple weeks I feel it’s slowed down a little, but still getting lots of action, just feel size has dropped, not consistently getting in the keeper range; last Saturday got 10+ to the boat, but only one nice one.
Going to fuel up tomorrow after work and do a quick exploratory run to Sandheads and see if there’s any action yet. Rumour has it that it’s doing well.
Going to head out early Saturday morning and tomorrow’s venture will dictate whether it’s Thrasher or Sandheads.
I’ll let you guys know how it works out.
Tight Lines

Does anyone know if fish avoid this red tide or if it doesn't matter?
My only experience with fishing in red tide waters was Monday. Sounder showed that red tide was in top 30 ft of 150 ft. Picked up our first of two at 130 ft on d/
r below red water. There was a large bait ball on the bottom 50 ft which probably helped.

Fished gower and salmon rock all week except Wednesday(rain) . 20# at salmon rock on Monday at 100' hearing. sea weed moved in the following day and caused grief. was out thurs very rough conditions. got a few coho wild and a under spring on a white/pink hootchie. Today would of been perfect but was out of time.

Fished gower and salmon rock all week except Wednesday(rain) . 20# at salmon rock on Monday at 100' hearing. sea weed moved in the following day and caused grief. was out thurs very rough conditions. got a few coho wild and a under spring on a white/pink hootchie. Today would of been perfect but was out of time.

Curious if you caught anything at Gower?

Does anyone know if fish avoid this red tide or if it doesn't matter?
In my experience I haven’t found too much of an effect...it typically only affects the top portion of water, so unless your fishing under 70 feet of water, you should be well below it. Having said that, it obviously plays with the light conditions, so I adjust my gear to all glow quickly.

Hey - where abouts in west van were you fishing back then? Like right in Burrard Inlet?
Look at Goathorns post a bit back in the thread, he gives up the goods. You can also try the Estuary in a couple of weeks, they start to stack up there. If you hit a school of fresh ones they’ll bite but like Adana said, if the weather has been hot and the river is low, they’ll stack up and get stale.

Thinking the same thing. Was thinking tomorrow Gower to old Camp Byng and back and see what happens.

I can tell you this is an excellent idea based on my recent experience in the past week. Tight to shore like 40 to 50' deep, same on the rigger. Pink hoochies have been on fire, short leader like 26". I will be in that area tomorrow all afternoon. It was epic last night.

I didnt see a single pink. Coho after coho and some amazing springs. Just at sundown I had one peel out almost my entire spool on an mr2 down into the backing. They're feeders for sure with small bait fish in their stomachs and lots of them.
Just realized you can keep a smiley there. I think I'm going to go tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back