2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandheads this morning. Gear in 10:45, two for two, 1st fish 11:15, 2nd 12:15 , 16 & 18 whites, one clipped, Same hootchy, glow - green splotches, 80 and then 90, 150-200 depth
flat calm. Doesn't get much better....

Sand-Heads-Sept-25.jpg

I noticed today a little more color in the fish. Big change over last week when they were quite bright still. Still an awesome day tho.
Ya they are showing color and spots prominent and teeth are much longer ....not long they be up the rivers, dont understand why they didnt head up with all they rain we got...oh maybe waiting for DFO to clear the way ...

Went to SH for evening slack. Got two big whites around 4 and 4:10 pm. Lost downrigger wheight (wore cable) and decided to troll toward Fraser enterence to wrap it up. Noticed that seal was following me and I started suspecting small fish on the hook, started reeling up and when my gear was at the surface seal like crazy submarine moved to grab smal fish I hoked, baraly made it, saved the fish and my gear. The fish an me were happy, seal wasn't.

Went to SH for evening slack. Got two big whites around 4 and 4:10 pm. Lost downrigger wheight (wore cable) and decided to troll toward Fraser enterence to wrap it up. Noticed that seal was following me and I started suspecting small fish on the hook, started reeling up and when my gear was at the surface seal like crazy submarine moved to grab smal fish I hoked, baraly made it, saved the fish and my gear. The fish an me were happy, seal wasn't.
I had a few followers today as well. I used my canned air horn on them and they left. Not sure if this is cool but I heard several bear bangers so I think a horns less invasive.

Hate the conflicting weather reports for saturday maine weather report is calling for bw 20-30 knots but windy.com is 4 knots wtf??

Ya it sucks trying to predict it. I usually just combine that with what the halibut bank bouy reports day of and go from there. Being fall now I would guess the 4 knot forecast is missing a leading digit. I'm in central burnaby right now and its ripping. I'm watching and if the winds drop tomorrow I'm going to sneak out and test the rain gear as need be. Fingers crossed!

Ya it sucks trying to predict it. I usually just combine that with what the halibut bank bouy reports day of and go from there. Being fall now I would guess the 4 knot forecast is missing a leading digit. I'm in central burnaby right now and its ripping. I'm watching and if the winds drop tomorrow I'm going to sneak out and test the rain gear as need be. Fingers crossed!
You'll be testing more than the rain gear tommorow, looking at next week until this blow leaves us YIKES !! But u never know , be safe and tight lines Screenshot_20190926-125049_Windy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back