2019 Halibut Limits

Notice he refers to the “Commercial Sport Fleet”and “Commercial Sport Fishery”? Pretty cagey making it out as one industry against another. Notice he never mentions or even acknowledged that there are guys that fish their own boats on weekends after work. Guys that take their kids and grandkids out fishing in the family boat etc. Very well played to make it seem like it has nothing to do with the general public’s access to the general public’s resource.

Pretty tough existence as well when you make between 35-40 k for a week and a half’s work as crew members( no mention of Captains share) and $50 an hour for winter work.

Hey Pat (or Jackel)

Can you provide the numbers from each sfac that voted on who voted for a shortened season and who voted for as long as possible? Honestly just curious as to how majority voted....only know nisfac and area 17 that voted for shortened season... (believe in both April was the highest choice)

Hey Pat (or Jackel)

Can you provide the numbers from each sfac that voted on who voted for a shortened season and who voted for as long as possible? Honestly just curious as to how majority voted....only know nisfac and area 17 that voted for shortened season... (believe in both April was the highest choice)
PM your buddy Derby :)

Saw it on a few facebook feeds so figured it was public info now:

1/1, 126cm OR 1/2 90cm/90cm

Very happy SFAB went with the choice option I put forward in Nanaimo and NI, a little disappointed in the sizes they decided to go with though. Using past seasons and fact 115/83 only caught 840,000 lbs I find it hard to think 90/90 would be anything close to that, fairly sure we will leave poundage in the water again. Anyway, here it is. :)
Can you just clarify this? One a multi day trip, you can take one at 126 cm and a possession of one, or one at 90 cm or less per day with two 90 cm or under in possession. Am I understanding that correctly?

Hey Pat (or Jackel)

-
All the minutes are posted up for all area's for the south coast on the SFAB thread.... I'M working on getting all the minutes from North Coast we can get them up there shortly.. full your boots.. :)

I for one am glad to see this getting a shot. Thank you to the group for making time ,on top of everything else you all are dealing with, to give this a look.
In the absence of living in a world where no slot is needed, I truly believe this kind of slot gives us all more options than anything else modeled to fit today's TAC.
I suspect once we get some data from a season of running with it, and if it performs close to how it is anticipated to, the group will then have a little more information and possibly be able to play with the 1/2 side of things if 2020 TAC allows.

It aint perfect as they say, but I look forward to having a little more relaxing experience that the added options will provide.

Back