2018 Sidney Reports

It's been fairly consistent from Hamley south. Bait has been working now. It was spoons a few weeks back.

Fished the morning flood at Hamley/Wymond this morning. About 8 - 10 boats working the area. One small Spring released. A few clipped shakers (Sooke net pen fish?). Didn't see too much action but the fleet was pretty dispersed.

Went out for a low slack attempt this morning with @Original. Wanted to get to hamley, but snotty conditions and dense fog kept us closer. We settled on powder wharf and things calmled down. Not much for action except for a late hit on a gold coho killer. Lost it after 10 seconds. Felt like a 7 pounder. It was a day of great company, rockin’ tunes, and a couple of cold ones. good times. Still awaiting that double header of tyees... any day now!

Last edited:
Went out for a low slack attempt this morning with @Original. Wanted to get to hamley, but snotty conditions and dense fog kept us closer. We settled on powder wharf and things calmled down. Not much for action except for a late hit on a gold coho killer. Lost it after 10 seconds. Felt like a 7 pounder. It was a day of great company, rockin’ tunes, and a couple of cold ones. good times. Still awaiting that double header of tyees... any day now!

I was out as well and settled on the spit, that fog was pretty thick. I was in 90ft off the spit and couldn't see land...no action for me.

I was out as well and settled on the spit, that fog was pretty thick. I was in 90ft off the spit and couldn't see land...no action for me.
It was my first time fishing and not seeing any shore. Thank you, navionics!

Anyone know if the fin fish closure is going to be lifted for Pender Bluffs at the end of the month? According to DFO site, it is only closed until 30 Sept. not to say that they can’t extend it now they rammed through the initial closure.

CEE46DF0-BF52-4561-94B1-FF3BF1B79A2F.jpeg Question: are these fish? I seem to get this kind of image all the time at powder wharf all the time but never get bites!

Back