2018 Sidney Reports

So if not Pender, where do you guys fish for sockeye around Sidney?
I recall that in 2010, Sockeye were also accumulating on the east side of Saturna although they were so thick, they were pretty much everywhere that year. Here is hoping that we can find them somewhere other than the Pender bluffs when they get around this side.

View attachment 39261 View attachment 39260
So, guess who doesn’t suck at fishing anymore?!

I removed the stinky, stinky skunk from the boat with a couple of Chinook this morning at Fairfax. Limited out by 08:00! 60-90’ in 100-140’
8-10lbs were kept. Let a bunch of unders go and a doggie. Also had a pin popper that didn’t stick.
Finished up with 4 crab from Roberts bay.
I’m probably the greatest fisherman you ever knew.
I’d like to thank god, my parents and those who believed in me.
Happy anniversary to my wife today. I hope 8 years is the fish gift!
Stizzla out.
I guess there must be a lot of fish there if Stizz can limit out! ;) Of course I kid. Well done indeed! Can you help me out now O Great Fishing Master? :D

Nice job not getting skunked stizzla! Fished coal this morning short shift 6:30-9 had a good fish on popped the clip and boucinh before I got it and couple nice long runs before it was gone. big fish are smart I guess ? Anyway that’s it for coal till October!

Tight lines
Wait. So now all of Moresby Island is closed? (well, non-retention for chinook on the south side).
Well, saves on fuel costs I guess :(

Wait. So now all of Moresby Island is closed? (well, non-retention for chinook on the south side).
Well, saves on fuel costs I guess :(
Yes as well as Coal. They are under the Spring non retention that kicks in every year at this time. You have to wonder why at the very least the Pender Bluffs aren’t under the same Spring non retention (at the most) rather than total closure. Clearly this area is getting screwed!

Yes as well as Coal. They are under the Spring non retention that kicks in every year at this time. You have to wonder why at the very least the Pender Bluffs aren’t under the same Spring non retention (at the most) rather than total closure. Clearly this area is getting screwed!

It's all of 18-6 isn't it, satellite channel too?

Looking at the brilliant DFO maps, was wondering if the islets/rocks across from Coal are open? Area 19 rather than 18? The spot where everyone likes to jig? Looks like they are per the maps but can anyone say with certainty? Would be nice to still have this small area to fish.

Still amazed at how confusing the DFO makes both the regulations and the maps. Its like they asked one of their bunglecrats to make them as difficult as possible when they could be so simple. I particularly love their colour coded maps in which the colours and patterns don't actually match up to the legend to interpret them. Brilliant. Harder than Chinese calculus.

Looking at the brilliant DFO maps, was wondering if the islets/rocks across from Coal are open? Area 19 rather than 18? The spot where everyone likes to jig? Looks like they are per the maps but can anyone say with certainty? Would be nice to still have this small area to fish.

Still amazed at how confusing the DFO makes both the regulations and the maps. Its like they asked one of their bunglecrats to make them as difficult as possible when they could be so simple. I particularly love their colour coded maps in which the colours and patterns don't actually match up to the legend to interpret them. Brilliant. Harder than Chinese calculus.

Yeah that's what I was thinking those rocks are still open.

I guess there must be a lot of fish there if Stizz can limit out! ;) Of course I kid. Well done indeed! Can you help me out now O Great Fishing Master? :D
It was luck, but I’m claiming it as skill. Also bought a horseshoe at a weekend market on the weekend and put it in my boat. Gotta put it in a U shape so it holds the luck in not an upside down U or it the good luck all falls out. It’s science
5D9E27FC-1746-4815-97E3-4BB50046E21E.jpeg

View attachment 39261 View attachment 39260
So, guess who doesn’t suck at fishing anymore?!

I removed the stinky, stinky skunk from the boat with a couple of Chinook this morning at Fairfax. Limited out by 08:00! 60-90’ in 100-140’
8-10lbs were kept. Let a bunch of unders go and a doggie. Also had a pin popper that didn’t stick.
Finished up with 4 crab from Roberts bay.
I’m probably the greatest fisherman you ever knew.
I’d like to thank god, my parents and those who believed in me.
Happy anniversary to my wife today. I hope 8 years is the fish gift!
Stizzla out.
Good job Stizzla.Nothing helps the confidence more than a day of fishing like that.You deserve it for all your perservirance.

Good job Stizzla.Nothing helps the confidence more than a day of fishing like that.You deserve it for all your perservirance.
You can’t enjoy the sunny days without getting through the rainy days. Thanks, it was fun getting bit out there. Now to figure out how to work around these closures and find some size on them...

Back