Status
Not open for further replies.
HITW spent a couple hrs tonight but not much luck. Lots of boats noticed around last few days and had reports of some fish caught. Anyone care to send in an update on success?

I actually found the coordinates,but there are so many and I just need the ones for the outside line. I don't have a fancy gps but it works.

Had a few hours to hit the water around noon today. Not the ideal timing but went out to HITW and got there aroud 1pm. Fished through the slack and the start of the flood. Didn’t see much on the sounder but saw some bait on the surface. Eventually there were about 6 or 7 other boats there but didn’t see anyone hook into anything. Maybe later in the flood was better. Stopped at West Van on the way back to see if any coho were showing up. Trolled from Point Atkinson to the Pink Apartments. I always seem to mark a lot of bait in that area no matter what time of year I troll by. Today was no exception. The sounder kept me entertained which was good since I had no activity on the rods at all. Hopefully someone will post with some success. This thread seems very quiet these days so I’m guessing it’s relatively slow for most currently. Managed a limit on crabs from 1 trap on the way home ... which was nice since the other trap was cleaned out by someone before I could retrieve it. At least they didn’t take the trap ... ugh.

I tried several glow spoons today & a flash fly at pretty much every depth that showed a return on the sounder - didn’t run bait today and maybe I could have scrounged a bite if I had. Next time! :)

Had a few hours to hit the water around noon today. Not the ideal timing but went out to HITW and got there aroud 1pm. Fished through the slack and the start of the flood. Didn’t see much on the sounder but saw some bait on the surface. Eventually there were about 6 or 7 other boats there but didn’t see anyone hook into anything. Maybe later in the flood was better. Stopped at West Van on the way back to see if any coho were showing up. Trolled from Point Atkinson to the Pink Apartments. I always seem to mark a lot of bait in that area no matter what time of year I troll by. Today was no exception. The sounder kept me entertained which was good since I had no activity on the rods at all. Hopefully someone will post with some success. This thread seems very quiet these days so I’m guessing it’s relatively slow for most currently. Managed a limit on crabs from 1 trap on the way home ... which was nice since the other trap was cleaned out by someone before I could retrieve it. At least they didn’t take the trap ... ugh.

I tried several glow spoons today & a flash fly at pretty much every depth that showed a return on the sounder - didn’t run bait today and maybe I could have scrounged a bite if I had. Next time! :)
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about going out tomorrow but you’ve made me rethink that idea. I’ve heard a couple small guys landed in the last couple weeks but not much more local. I guess we’re a month away from Cap/rush hour.

I’m hoping someone will post that they’ve been getting into them. I think it’s still fairly decent over in the Thrasher area. Maybe others are so busy catching fish, they don’t have time to post haha. I’m going to give it a few days and will plan to head out again early to mid next week.

C435F502-A337-4C30-9F18-2463F729138A.jpeg Put in a couple hours with bait at Gower and salmon rock. Not a sniff. Switched up to my new favourites from lighthouse lure. Black flasher and Bigeye Spoon - HowesoundSecurity & quickly nabbed a nice 14 lb spring 80 ft in 140

Attachments

• 5634A751-7358-47EF-A2B9-9CF2882CBC5B.jpeg
    5634A751-7358-47EF-A2B9-9CF2882CBC5B.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
HITW fished 6-12 1hit @115 on bait but lost it. Tried many depths and lures, hootchies,bait. Did see some caught. Think you really need to put in the time if you come fish this area.

Snagged 2 prawn traps where float was 20 ft under water. Dann near busted my downrigger K Kong if you read this message then pm me. The number you noted on your float does not connect. Front of sunset marina

He might mean the ones at the waterfront home (owned by one of the people that was on The Real Housewives of Vancouver T.V. show) in West Van near the lighthouse. But not sure. Maybe there's others.

I would imagine those are the ones. Lost 1 today on chovys at 117, past all the homes kinda the last point not sure what to call it.

For my first day ever fishing with my own boat/setup I’ll take it!

Bingo

I did the exact opposite shift as gator. Noon to 6pm. I too was fishing deep until I had a strike hauling up my gear and took an educated guess that it was around 45 ft. Gotta remember it is now July and the fish are moving up in the water column. If hole in the wall is slow point Atkinson is another viable option this time of year. Time to start thinking of the bell buoy as well rather than pounding the **** flaps out of Rodger curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back