Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished the Cap for a couple hours this a.m. ... One very bright hatchery coho, one not so bright spring and one other fish that popped off the downrigger. It was a beautiful morning out there. Next trip will be over to the other side of Bowen in search of the first early winter spring.

This is probably better for the Parksville thread, but the winter springs are out there.. on the weekend we had probably half a dozen double headers - some of the hottest fishing I've had in a long time - although most of the springs were too small, we kept a couple in the 6-10lb range. Trolling white/green spoons (no flasher) around the south end of texada.

Anyone at the south arm this morning. I'm wondering if the fog was too dense or not that bad. The fog on the fraser around boundary rd wasn't too dense

I'll send an eyewitness report from the Adams in about a month.
Roderick-Haig Brown Park is now officially called Tsutswecw Park. ".
Went up yesterday. There seems to be lots that made it through the gauntlet, but less than I remember 4 years ago. There are still many in the lake and finning in Little River.
The fishers at the mouth were having good action for trout (catch and release).

Last edited:
Anyone at the south arm this morning. I'm wondering if the fog was too dense or not that bad. The fog on the fraser around boundary rd wasn't too
Thanks for the assist... now let’s see if I can finish. Will provide feedback once I am done.

Cheers

Well I went out today and as promised here’s my report.! Set the riggers at 99 to start and moved them up and down throughout the day. Caught a young spring on an army truck at 110 on the rigger and that was it for the day. Nobody else caught anything that I could see we were on south arm with about 5 other boats. Calm seas pretty much fog had lifted at about noon as forecasted. Beautiful day all in all. Gonna winter the boat and have her ready for December cause I wanna run across to Pender bluffs at Xmas and try it out.

Cheers and thanks for the assists sorry couldn’t finish.

Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back