Status
Not open for further replies.
NA 520’ of water riggers at 90’ and 110’ green onion pattern 2 in the box so far.

Fished SA yesterday with one last kick at the Sox.
Lots of fish ....... Tons still. Terrific run of fish this year.
Boy did that blow make things uncomfortable. Nasty matter fact, cleared out lots of boats.
Found best success at Gretzky.......99 feet haha. Google eye and glo heads at 22 and 26 inches. All red pink silver theme.

As for not showing pics of chinooks, fly at ER. Great shares. Beauty fish Realtime, congrats!

All this BS about save the SRKWHALES what a crock of shat. Been out numberous times locally. Only one Whale show, the rest of the trips Zero. And where they showed in the Harbour ........ Not even close to the quiet zone. Goes to show ya the rediculious decisions by DFO cattering to the Greens show. But guess who were harassing the Whales, yup all the local companies well within the 200 M zone. They ARE THE PROBLEM with interrupted feeding. This management of Chinook closures to Save the Killer Whale crap is just that. In the mean time the Harrasment boats, the Chasers, the leap froggers continue to pound on the Blackfish. Plus the FN netting continues untouched.

Spineless Governments continue to make stupid decisions. Not addressing the real issues. It is what it is so ......

FLY AT ER EVERYONE! It's been a terrific season for local Salmon Fishin and it's not over yet. Just my 3.5 cents

HT

Thanks for the report. Maybe I’ll just stay home today and work on a few projects for moose hunt. If the weather holds up I’ll be out there on Wednesday.

Fished yesterday tons of fish at 100' mark caught 15 sockeye and 1 spring to limit out. Today slow for sure but have 5 in boat so far still at 100' in 450' of water. All at sandheads

Tried our chances yesterday afternoon 1pm-7pm, originally planned to head straight to Sandheads (from Vanier) but started marking lots of fish right at the bell. Tried there for about 45 min with no takers so pulled up and headed towards sandheads. Stopped at T10 because of the wind/waves (EC reporting 16kn at sandheads) and trolled back to the bell, nothing until a nice hit on the port side rod that seemed to be gone. Decided to check the gear and sure enough we had a nice sockeye that apparently decided to give up early with not a bit of fight. Slow but great evening on the water...

IMG_20180901_103639_138.jpg Thursday my uncle and I were out again on the ocean fishing north west of Sandheads lighthouse. Started out pretty windy. After an hour we got on a mega school and within under an hour we had six and then the tide started ripping so hard we couldn't even turn without getting our Lines tangled and downrigger cabled hooked on the motor. So we just stared going with the current and got one bite. Drove back north quick and started again. Picked up one pretty soon after going down and lost a couple. Then hooked another. Was small and really chewed up so released. Then started trolling back towards lighthouse. There was a huge siene net out there. Got right infront of the lighthouse 113 fow before we hooked our last fish at 5 pm. Waited three hours for that last fish but we got it done. Beautiful sunny day. If you have gps Mark the good schools when you go over them and if you get a hit it makes it easier to swing around and find the school again. Worked really well for us for the first 6 fish. Good luck on last couple days of the season.

Well we finished yesterday with 6 fat sox and a 15lb red. I have never fished so low for sockeye but these fish were all caught between 120-140ft. Good luck out there boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back