Status
Not open for further replies.
T10 found huge schools, only 1 bite at 7pm, lost it. Went to sandheads, nothing, back to T10 another massive school no bites. Switched gear multiple times, different depths.....nothing. Not our day today

Took a friend out for first crack at salmon fishing tonight for the post work de stress shift off north arm. Ended up going 3 for 6 on sox and a hatch ho. Dead for us for a while til we found a few schools out deep then the fun started .

Be out again first thing tomorrow down at Sand heads....whos bringing the traffic light

Went out with a colleague Dr McCormack and his wife Lynn Friday to Sandheads for sockeye. Early morning was quite rough with strong wind from the north, just got the first side down and as we started rigging the second we had a sockeye on side one. Landed it and finished setting up side 2. Went back to side one and Fish ON side 2. Always good to start a day off like that. Landed 8 sox and lost a few. Went 6/7 with the sockeye flop, new technichue of landing for me and way easier than the net. Lost a bunch of gear to rigger braid failure and while reeling in a sockeye got tangled with adjacent flasher and somehow opened snap. I saw it open beside the boat and just as I said oh no the snaps open... the fish jumped and there sunk my flasher and hoochie to the bottom. Also got a couple undersized chinook. Afternoon calmed down, smoke was gone and sunburn was on!!! Fishing was great out there and fun showing my boat hosts the sockeye ropes. I think they have got the sockeye bug now. Good morning bite then slowed down around 10 and picked up after noon and was slow but steady til1 we left around 4pm. Get out there guys and get some fish! Two @gibb8sdelta Dummy flashers, two rods and fish on with 22 to 26 inch leaders. Mikes krill scent for added attraction. Balls at 60 feet and 70 feet. I make my own googly eye wild things which are working excellent. 20180824_222510.jpg IMG_20180824_225656_828.jpg IMG_20180818_103751_774.jpg

Little breezy but no swell. One hatch coho and one sok so far. 90' on the riggers. All blue flashers. 350' of water north of sandheads.

Hey fish Doc ......
I like making some of my own gear too. Good on ya.
Does that all white one work for sox too?
Shat kicked and sore from yesterday's beating.......but it's a good sore lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back