2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I pulled my binoculars out and had a good look yesterday at those who were onboard. I'd say it's unlikely that you can find advertisements in english for this boat.
Ahh....that makes sense...

Seems like the easiest thing to do is to book a trip on that boat and bring your camera. if you don't drop pots and only pick them up you'll have a compelling argument, plus you can read the floats to see who owns them.
I highly doubt it is any sort of a legitimate charter op. BC # on the hull not a C # and I bet they are just family and friends and restaurant business associates all in it together to rape and pillage the area to fill their pocket books. "allegedly"

Went out this evening and took two buddies, lines down off RC around 6:15, fished till 8:15, one under and one at 27" which was perfect for a late dinner on the BBQ. Both on chovys @ 87' between RC and Worlcombe out in 400'+

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 100
I'm also interested in discussing these thieves, but it almost seems worthy of it's own topic?
It's getting to the point where we need to read a couple of pages to get the recent fishing reports

Agreed. There is already an existing thread regarding the trap theft situation in the Vancouver area where this can be discussed. Let's keep this one focused on fishing reports!

Skunked in the Cape Roger Curtis area tonight. First time in a while. Saw some bait jumping but try as I could couldn't get a fish to hit. Not my night. Even the beer didn't taste as good back at the dock.

quite nite all round
gibsons was quite as well with just a few odd fish caught ...

whats with this red/ brown crud on the lines and down rigger
and its a pain to get off ....

Roger Curtis for me today. Fished from 8:30-12 and had one undersized and another that hit right before we pulled the lines up, 16 # white(skinny G @90' on the rigger). Beautiful day and calmer going and coming than I thought it would be. Crabs were also in the bucket, which means the Gypsea Drifter must not have the day off ;).

Went out with a buddy yesterday we fished Rodger Curtis also,let go a just under and had two bigger fish on for a couple minutes till they spit the hook back at us.All our hits came on a purple haze hootchie with a purple haze flasher,Ill be out tomorrow and monday with my own boat will report back.

Tight lines
Billydoo

Went out with a buddy yesterday we fished Rodger Curtis also,let go a just under and had two bigger fish on for a couple minutes till they spit the hook back at us.All our hits came on a purple haze hootchie with a purple haze flasher,Ill be out tomorrow and monday with my own boat will report back.

Tight lines
Billydoo

Shouldn't you be over in Nootka by now ?

Hey bud
i leave next thursday for 12 days hope the seas stay down lol fished in 20fters all last summer no fun at all especially when the tops are getting blown off them lol,I didn't make it out today I'm going tomorrow ill report back
Tight lines
Billdoo

Spent the day at Cowan to RC, into to Tunstall. 35' down to 115'. Strip, spoons, hootchie, not even a sniff for me. I never saw any nets in the water amongst the boats that bwere out. Maybe some one else who was out can chime in if they had success. Heard on the radio over at Thrasher and Grande I think it is, was pretty slow. Try again Sunday.

...was over at Thrasher and Grande today...one under size...no algae...lots of sea weed...big tide change. Beautiful day on the water...

Spent an hour and a half from Roger Curtis to Cowan tonight for a quick outing. Nothin'...

Never seen so many logs in the water - some big ones too. Was an obstacle course out there. Bottom of Howe Sound was ok, but North Arm to Bowen and the Harbour were a mess. Would not recommend heading out in low light.

That's why I have a jet boat just cruise over them lol on a serious note yes it is very hard to travel around with this buggers everywhere be safe everyone ,gonna try to get out tomorrow for a few hours just not sure where yet !

Back