2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Any reports from this morning?
Skunked this a.m. ... first time in some time that I haven't had a keeper to the boat to either release or eat. Started at Roger Curtis and trolled to Popham before picking up and running back to Tunstall and dropping the lines there. Did have two good fish on at Tunstall, hooked at 65 ft and 80 ft on anchovies, but unfortunately the largest fish I got to the boat was my anchovy. Oh well, the next fish will taste that much better.

Skunked this a.m. ... first time in some time that I haven't had a keeper to the boat to either release or eat. Started at Roger Curtis and trolled to Popham before picking up and running back to Tunstall and dropping the lines there. Did have two good fish on at Tunstall, hooked at 65 ft and 80 ft on anchovies, but unfortunately the largest fish I got to the boat was my anchovy. Oh well, the next fish will taste that much better.

Desert.

Camped near porlier with boat last night, fished from 9-2 over there and managed two decent reds. 10 and 15 or so. Released a handful right on the cusp. One on chovy one on homeland security. Dug an old spaceship looking grill out of folks garage and it was a big hit on the water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 131
Camped near porlier with boat last night, fished from 9-2 over there and managed two decent reds. 10 and 15 or so. Released a handful right on the cusp. One on chovy one on homeland security. Dug an old spaceship looking grill out of folks garage and it was a big hit on the water.
Is that some sorta BBQ contraption? Never seen one before

Is that some sorta BBQ contraption? Never seen one before
Haha yeah, think the old man won it at some golf tourney 10-15 years ago and it still looks futuristic, folds up and carries like a briefcase, 1lb bottle slides up it. Won't be searing anything on it but has no problem heating up some dogs on the water.
I think it's called the "Q Grill"

Curious where (roughly) to go for Lings and Snapper? Haven't caught any since being in Desolation Sound a few years ago and would love to grab a couple this year.

Back