2016 Sooke Reports

What was Beechy Head like this morning for weather? I was just south in Pedder trying to hide from the north-westerly but got to thinking that Beechy probably isn't all that different. Was 10-15knts for me till around lunch time then it mellowed out. Just trying to get a sense if I can hide in the lee anywhere around there. I'm 0/3 at Pedder lately and me and my tinny need another spot to go and hide when it's blowing west.

Beechy head was fine Wed a.m. slight breeze died off by 8:00 and calm rest of day. Fished 7:00 - 2:00 at Trap, head, Aldridge and finally got one hit in Beacher Bay at 1:30 that turned out to be feisty 13lb. Lots of boats out, didn't see anything else caught. Monday fished same areas from 10 - 3 with one dinner size spring off the head.

It was blowing a bit at the head this AM but Not bad. I trolled down with the ebb to the trap where it was nice and calm but there was a tug and log boom there hiding from the ebb which put a crimp on the tack somewhat. Nothing but shakers for me.
T2

Went out to muir this morning for a couple hours before work and it was worth it. Picked up 3 scrappy fish between 5am to 6am. 18, 19 and 22lbs. Back to the dock by 730 and off to work...there's fish around....

Attachments

• 798_1470323548013.jpeg
    798_1470323548013.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 70
Great job Sudsy! We are heading that way after work today for 3 days. Hopefully the wind will stay down for our crossing.

Beauty morning out there! went west and dropped the gear close to muir at 7 am and picked up the first at 730 and second just before 8.
Cheers

Attachments

• Aug 4,16.JPG
    Aug 4,16.JPG
    551 KB · Views: 76
Took my brother from U.K. out today. Fished from 7:00am until 3:00pm so turned into a bit of a marathon due to extraordinary circumstances. Started at Sheringham and fished there until 11:30am without a touch. Then headed up to Muir with the tide arriving around lunch time. There then followed the most amazing 45 minutes of Chinook action I have yet experienced. First my brother’s rod went off and he felt a strong fish for 30 seconds before it ejected the hook. 20 minutes later my rod went off and after a few minutes we got the fish to the surface with the flasher plowing along and then this one too popped the hook. Oh for 2, but just 15 minutes later my rod went off again and this time after a very strong fight we boated a beauty 19lb fish, much to my brother’s amazement. His contribution was preventing my wife from falling overboard in her zeal to net this fish and forestall an oh for 3!!! We fished on for another 90 minutes but the madness had ended and no more hits were obtained.

Such a fabulous hot day on the water my brother’s photos are going to look like the Caribbean to folks back in the U.K. not Canada!!:)

Chrome/green and chrome/purple teaser heads at 64’ worked those 45 minutes of magic.

Took my brother from U.K. out today. Fished from 7:00am until 3:00pm so turned into a bit of a marathon due to extraordinary circumstances. Started at Sheringham and fished there until 11:30am without a touch. Then headed up to Muir with the tide arriving around lunch time. There then followed the most amazing 45 minutes of Chinook action I have yet experienced. First my brother’s rod went off and he felt a strong fish for 30 seconds before it ejected the hook. 20 minutes later my rod went off and after a few minutes we got the fish to the surface with the flasher plowing along and then this one too popped the hook. Oh for 2, but just 15 minutes later my rod went off again and this time after a very strong fight we boated a beauty 19lb fish, much to my brother’s amazement. His contribution was preventing my wife from falling overboard in her zeal to net this fish and forestall an oh for 3!!! We fished on for another 90 minutes but the madness had ended and no more hits were obtained.

Such a fabulous hot day on the water my brother’s photos are going to look like the Caribbean to folks back in the U.K. not Canada!!:)

Chrome/green and chrome/purple teaser heads at 64’ worked those 45 minutes of magic.[/QUOT...

Good to hear of your success Englishman. I was at the trap at noon and got a 20 lb. There were 2 others caught at the same time but that was the end of the 15 minute bite.

Saw 1 other spring caught at Aldridge at 2 pm at the end of the day for me. My fish was 83 ft. with herring.

...Rob

Yep fishing was decent today, 4 springs for us up to 22 pounds. Two of them whites. Most of our action was just after the flood started around 12:30 at Sheringham. One of the best weather days of the summer so far, hot and calm all day.

we also did well off the Trap - Head around the same time
70' with anchovy seemed to be the best rig.

Was out there today off Otter and Muir, got a 15lb just before Muir at 62' (0715) then ran into alot of small fish. Weather was great, sunny, hot, & NO WIND. Had to be in by (1000), wife had things for me to do. See you out there. !!!!!
:):):)

Yes a grind wish you guys wouldn't fish anymore as im getting tired of getting 2 to 3 fish a trip, if you weren't out there im sure id get more.....
all I can say is YES you have to work hard to get them as my buddy said time to pull up on the work socks and tight up the work boots they are there but in unconventional spots trust me on that one.....

Good luck Wolf
You know…the flip side of this is, if you went out and got a real job there'd be 2 or 3 more fish a day for the rest of us googins lol! Kidding of course!

OMG ok wheres my 25 cents LOL
if english can catch a fish there must be lots out there!!!!! LOL

wolf said:
Yes a grind wish you guys wouldn't fish anymore as im getting tired of getting 2 to 3 fish a trip, if you weren't out there im sure id get more.....
all I can say is YES you have to work hard to get them as my buddy said time to pull up on the work socks and tight up the work boots they are there but in unconventional spots trust me on that one.....
Good luck Wolf

Roy...give up the jokes and sarcasm....you are loosing respect of a lot of members on this forum!
We did well last trip, but it's still slow off Sooke for the average fisherman who in the past could pick a Spring or two and lots of Pinks just to keep the interest up (I know it's not a pink year) ...so far a tough year, even for you off both Victoria for and Halibut and Sooke for springs.

Saw you boat one before I left, did you get any more Rolley? I lost a release clip on a gooney nest and didn't have a spare.o_O
Tom

wolf said:
Good luck Wolf
Roy...give up the jokes and sarcasm....you are loosing respect of a lot of members on this forum!
We did well last trip, but it's still slow off Sooke for the average fisherman who in the past could pick a Spring or two and lots of Pinks just to keep the interest up (I know it's not a pink year) ...so far a tough year, even for you off both Victoria for and Halibut and Sooke for springs.

times 2 on give up the ridicule of those who do not catch as many fish as you do Wolf.

I post here a couple times a week and keep it strictly to fishing reports....let's keep it to fishing reports good or bad and keep the chatter to a minimum....kind of getting annoying reading through all the BS to get a legit Fishing report....

Back