2014 Fall /Winter and 2015 Spring boat projects

Never used the retrievers but considering them... What do you do with the retriever if you are stacking rods on one rigger?

Or even, what if you have your clip tied in with your gangion transition? (I suppose the retriever goes above it and can slide down over it) Just want to get the right setup dialed in this year as new riggers are in the budget :)

The rails are done. Turned out pretty good me thinks :).

We added toes rails to stabilizes your stance when fishing in the rough stuff.

Had to go look at a job this morning and went for a rip.

The visibility with the taller rails is a big improvement.

Just have to add the roof rails and non skid on the gunnels.

To be continued.....

Those rails look really good.

Even with the recessed floor on my Hewes, I find the rails too short and don't like hanging out up there much. Thought it would be great when jigging but it's a bit sketchy.

Nice work!!

Thanks guys. They are around 28" tall. The back ends move a little bit side to side but midway and up at the front they are rock solid. Your thighs rest really nice and comfortable in the two bends. The little cross bar could act as a rest while taking a leak but I wouldn't want to try it in really cold weather :eek::p.

Wow the rails look Great, the change the look of the hull big timegood style and funtion! that job is something to be proud of!!!

Roof rails will really tie it all together, very nice job. Everytime I see a post from John I wish I had a aluminum boat and the skull to weld lol.

Took the machine back down to Nanaimo yesterday to make a few changes and upgrades.

Trap carrier/cleaning table needed to be lifted to fit the new motor
image.jpg

Then these multi purpose poles were built.... Mini outrigger for handlines for tuna fishing, downrigger line redirection units keeping the gear out of the prop, custom aluminum putter on those windy days and can also be used as loading guides on my trailer once I figure out how to mount them.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back