2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I noticed that also......lol
Interestingly enough this was the first safety check I have ever had locally since I started fishing in my own boat in 1982, officers did a good job of getting thru in a timely manner.
Glad to see it but I gotta say its way over due, enforcement on our waters has always seemed like a joke.

Are you sure about that Paul? 1982 was a long time ago.... and your memory probably isn't what it used to be!:p;);)

Well, the weather gods shone on us yesterday and had a really late start south of north arm. Fishing by 3:50pm with a buddy of mine. Then the gear gods punished me a little and was down to one rigger. Just when i was cranky about that we hit our first spring. Buddies first spring on the ocean ever. Managed 3 springs in total and a pile of shakers (no pinks, no sharks). All reds from about 16-20lbs. All three were on glow heads at 63'. Pulled the last rod up at 6:50. Lots of dolphins moved in which made for some nice scenery. Not bad for a late afternoon shift!

Good Job Rob! Glow heads at 63' huh, I'll have to try that. Thanks.

Sunday report
well my buddie talked me into going over to sandheads from gibsons hour plus run
but the run was good we hit the morning high tide
hitting fish off the bat on green splatter coho killer
then we had a double header of springs 24+25lbers to each rod fun n games ensued
with mikes hitting the surface and mine going deep with a trailing buzz bomb rod dangling in the middle
well just say the that got put away....lol
mine hit at 80' on purple uv hootchie purple onion flasher mikes on the coho killer green splatter 90'

had a grand time with the pinks and about 6 coho's as well all in all around about 30 hits so good fishing

afternoon tide was slow with no more springs so headed back to Gibsons just after 5pm

then must remember when filleting fish not to leave ones finger in the way.....lol

Had a great couple of days fishing sandheads and t10. Saturday started at the bell and it was dead, hit up t10 and had instant action on pinks. Played there until noon when I had to drop a friend back at the dock. Hit sandheads for the afternoon bite and had one of the guys into his first ever ocean salmon, a 25 lbs spring he played line a pro. We also managed a 12,14 and limit of pinks. Fish hit green glo chovies and uv white hoochie. Great day of fishing. As we left around 6 or so the bite went off, so Sunday we were lazy and went out for the afternoon bite planning to stay late, but sounds like we missed the good spring bite as we just hit pinks, and forgot to mention hit a massive sockeye and a couple coho on Saturday aswell. Did see a few nice springs caught on Sunday though. As tune went on even the pink bite died on Sunday evening for us.

Fished 430 till 730 tonight at sand head. Couple of pinks released a coho and sockeye( caught on anchovie) then at last rod in hooked up a nice White Spring about 30 lbs. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377586287.233403.jpg

Trolled north arm to t-10 lost 2 big springs and boxed a 15lb red hootchi and choves 60-75 on riggers

Tried Sandheads this aft/eve. Dropped rods about 3pm, two doubles in about half an hour. It continued like that for me til about 7 when I headed in. Prob brought about 15 springs to the boat. A few I lost were pinks I imagine. However all small, average about 8 lbs. was waiting for the big guy that never showed. Equal action all around on choves (ugly ones too) and pink mini. To be Honest 44' - 74'.

Wopper, sounds like you found them early and often out there. I pulled in to sandheads at 4:30 and fished til 7:30. We had our fair share of shakers and pulled up a sockeye and kept 2 pinks. Not a spring for us (and I didn't see any nice ones netted in the first 2 hrs) so we veered off from the pack and trolled towards t-10. didn't take long before we had a nice double of mid-teens on... and 2 first timers (both ladies) landed both fish. We missed one more hit and called it quits. Beautiful night out there as the wind was down. chovies at 55-70' and we got our springs in 90 ft of water...a lil tighter than most were fishing.

Tried Sandheads this aft/eve. Dropped rods about 3pm, two doubles in about half an hour. It continued like that for me til about 7 when I headed in. Prob brought about 15 springs to the boat. A few I lost were pinks I imagine. However all small, average about 8 lbs. was waiting for the big guy that never showed. Equal action all around on choves (ugly ones too) and pink mini. To be Honest 44' - 74'.

Could someone please tell me the best place for a weather forecast for sand heads or t10. The general Vancouver forecast for Friday said 5-10 knot but someone else said 20 plus? I am taking my kids and nephew out? Thanks in advance,

Could someone please tell me the best place for a weather forecast for sand heads or t10. The general Vancouver forecast for Friday said 5-10 knot but someone else said 20 plus? I am taking my kids and nephew out? Thanks in advance,

Environment Canada

Friday

Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots becoming southeast 15 in the morning.

Saturday

Wind light becoming northwest 10 to 15 knots.

Sunday

Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light.

I look at environment Canada site for the forcast but mostly for the live ocean bouy reports. Big wave Dave seems to be pretty good on the forecasts. I will look at all and try to make safe guess.

I look at environment Canada site for the forcast but mostly for the live ocean bouy reports. Big wave Dave seems to be pretty good on the forecasts. I will look at all and try to make safe guess.
this but I always check the bouy report for halibut bank, like Dave says it's live

Good link, thanks. Have you found them reasonably accurate?

I tried using windfinder a couple of times but they always seemed to report winds lighter than what I encountered. I've seen Environment Canada with strong wind warnings up and it's been like glass out there. I don't ignore them though especially if I'm on the other side, I would rather head back or stay close than get caught. Lately, big wave dave and ec for me but I'll try this one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back