2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished from about 7:30 to 1. Started at the t10 then finished up trolling most of the way back to the north arm. Nothing but shakers and lots of them for us. Had to give up on bait. I wonder if the rain got the fish moving up the river. Sure wasn't like it's been, for us anyways.

Hey bud, big goose egg for us also today other than a bunch of 3-5lb springs
Oh and a couple sharks while momma was at the wheel doing donuts LOL
Going to give em hell again tomorrow

We fished sand heads for 3 hrs this morn and had 4 pinks and a nice 22 lb spring. All on chovies. Gong show out there with the derby going on. 55 ft was the ticket for us today. Didn't see as many fish being played today compared to last 2 weeks.

Ok, dumb question, but what is a "shaker"? Is it where a salmon nibbles at the bait but never fully takes it? As opposed to a strike, where the fish takes the bait but gets away?

a shaker is just a small salmon that you hook but it's too small to pop the pin on your release clip or even for you to notice you have one on at all. If you happen to miss the initial little bite you can often drag these little guys around for a while which not only means you won't catch another fish on that line but you'll also end up killing the 'shaker' on your line. Gotta check those lines regularly if you happen to be getting a bunch of small shakers.

Fished the afternoon from T10 to North Arm and nothing but shakers, sharks and a jack spring. What a difference a week makes. Loads of fish marking the finder but no takers.

Sunday

Heading to Sandheads now. Why is it that when I can finally go fishing all the fish have left? Lets hope today is not like the reports from yesterday.

I caught this beauty 16lb white yesterday morning, at sandheads. Fishing was slow so I was happy to have fish in the box. Didn't see many people with nets out and very little chatter on the radio. I also hooked a nice wild coho which put up a great fight but was released. I also hooked a seagull who tried to take off with my anchovy I had to reel him as it took about 100ft line before I noticed him. must have looked pretty funny to boats around me.

I caught this beauty 16lb white yesterday morning, at sandheads. Fishing was slow so I was happy to have fish in the box. Didn't see many people with nets out and very little chatter on the radio. I also hooked a nice wild coho which put up a great fight but was released. I also hooked a seagull who tried to take off with my anchovy I had to reel him as it took about 100ft line before I noticed him. must have looked pretty funny to boats around me.

We saw you land that beauty bird. We went right past you. Did you see us catch the crab trap? We got 3 pinks and one spring in the boat between 9-30 & 5. Pinks were on a mini pink hootchie at about 37 feet and the spring was on a white and peach hootchie at 55 feet. We only got one shaker on bait.

Heading to Sandheads now. Why is it that when I can finally go fishing all the fish have left? Lets hope today is not like the reports from yesterday.

An awesome morning so far. Three chinook and one pink boxed. Ten undersized let go and four good ones lost. Non atop action. Anchovies all the way. 63-ish feet and I have been fishing deep water.

It sounds like the sandheads is holding some fish. Any reports for t10 and the bellbouy? I might have to give her another shot tommorow. I've never fished down at the sandheads, how far from the t10 is it?

We picked up a pair, 17 and 18 Saturday north of t10. Took the fish a little deeper, 110 and 135 in 150-250'. Chovy and uv hootchie.

Heading out tomorrow...

I was out of town for a couple days and just got back. I was a bit surprised not to see any info or thread on the Vancouver Classic derby? Any one know what size the winning fish was? Where it was taken and on what?

I was out of town for a couple days and just got back. I was a bit surprised not to see any info or thread on the Vancouver Classic derby? Any one know what size the winning fish was? Where it was taken and on what?

38 . 6 lbs. Taken at sandheads 55ft with a herring. I fished hard all weekend in the derby and couldn't find a decent fish.
Crazy # if boats out this weekend at the usual spots

It sounds like the sandheads is holding some fish. Any reports for t10 and the bellbouy? I might have to give her another shot tommorow. I've never fished down at the sandheads, how far from the t10 is it?
Hey fishwhenican I was out today and landed this nice 19 pound white between the bell boy and the north arm jetty at 8 am. It was lurking around 70' in 130' of water. Liked the Anchovy I was dragging around. Didn't work out so good for him....
Went over to west van about 11 and washed my gear until 3.
What a waist of time over there.
Should have stayed where I was.
Oh we'll didn't mind taking stubby home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 563
Put in a good 10 hr fish today, started at the first mile marker and trolled out past the bell with no bites. Ran down to t 10 and was surprised at the lack of bites, managed to get lucky and land the only strike of the day, a white 16 lb that put up a savage fight. Hit it at 61 feet in about 140 with a green glo chovy north of t 10. Tried the last of the flood at the cap but no action there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back