2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit Sandheads early morning and fished it all day. We caught a few wild coho which were quickly dispatched and a nice super fresh 12ish pound chum doe. A few long line releases as well. Good times with good buds....

Hey Wishin, which boat were you on yesterday ? I may have chatted with you out there.

Nooky

I thought that might have been you,we chatted shortly after you netted your chum. I was on my buddies 28' Searay Amberjack. The fishing was slow for us but we did manage to boat a 9lb hatch coho in the afternoon.
What a great day to be on the water. No leftover turkey last night, fresh coho instead and boy was it tasty.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
So nooky, and wishin, what did you guys get your coho on? I'm also interested what you caught your chum on? Hopefully making it out there Sunday this weekend and just what to get prepared!

40' to 50' range with a green onion flasher...whole herring for one coho, chum and other action was on same flasher with double glow green and white spoon...a few chomps out of the chovy but that was it for the smaller meat.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys new to the forum me and a buddy picked up are 22ft smokercraft phantom offshore in Septemberboat.jpg and to make a long story short after all the problems we had with the new boat from getting welds re done and continuous leaking issues we made it out to the firemans derby and won with a 25.5 lber looking to see you guys out on the chuck jerry springer out!photo-4.jpg

Fished the Cap last night for a couple hrs after work. Looked like a total of 3 boats out there. Wind was OK but a little choppier than normal out there. Missed 1 hit and that turned out to be our only one. Sun was shining and beers were flowing so no complaints considering it's mid Oct.

Wanted to get down to Sandheads today but the fog was just too thick (no GPS or radar on my little boat). Ended up splitting the day between the bell buoy/mile markers and pink apts/Cap. One undersize only. Saw some chum flopping around at the Bell and marked some small schools at 50'.

Wow 5 days and no reports. Does that mean the season is over, no one is fishing, or no one wants to talk?

Unless you want to hope you get lucky on an odd late season hatchery Coho or a Chum at the South Arm: "Will the last person leaving the building please turn out the lights. Thank You"

Unless you want to hope you get lucky on an odd late season hatchery Coho or a Chum at the South Arm: "Will the last person leaving the building please turn out the lights. Thank You"

I'll shut em off tomorrow, we're goin out just for the heck of it.

Wanna "try" and see what all these foghorns I hear thru thr day and night are honking about. :p

fished the coal port yesterday from about 2pm to 5pm. real foggy.
action was fast and furious for about an hour and then dead. managed 1 hatchery and released 2 wild ho's and a number of hits that popped the clip. I'm now moving to fly casting for salmon in the river.

fished the coal port yesterday from about 2pm to 5pm. real foggy.
action was fast and furious for about an hour and then dead. managed 1 hatchery and released 2 wild ho's and a number of hits that popped the clip. I'm now moving to fly casting for salmon in the river.

How deep were they gongshow ? I was there on Sunday running chovies from 40 -90 and not a sniff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back