2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we got to the party a little late today at the cap. Seen some boats that had landed fish earlier but no dice for us fished 930-12 at the cap. Then moved to the south arm fished another couple hrs few shakers.

Reel tight....what boat were you on? Were you a a ~22ish foot Grady that bugged out headin south around noon?

We were there about 9-1....watched all the guide boats land fish but we got nuthin. The Bell was much better to us last Thursday.

We're headed out tomorrow afternoon....not sure if we'll do the Cap or back to the Bell for the low slack.

We were in the campion 682 probably won't get a chance to get back out till next week unfortunately. Lets us know how u make out Pippen.

Ah.....is the 682 the 17-18ish footer that had 2 of you in it? Not familiar with the 682. We were in the big Grady.

The bite was on right around the mouth and bridge pretty much from about 9-10.

Were you still around to watch that blue hulled ProLine have the battle with a seal......we were pullin for them but the seal won.

No it's 25ft with pod 3 of us fishing seen the blue boat in reverse trying to chase the seal down. Your Grady have Yamaha vmax engine?

Roger....ya now I know the one.

Grady was the big 33' with the twin Yammy's on it. The Vmax had a solo guy in it I think and he bugged out towards Horseshoe Bay if I recall correctly.

Reel tight....what boat were you on? Were you a a ~22ish foot Grady that bugged out headin south around noon?

I think that may have been me in my 228G seafarer - was that you I passed out west off pink appt area at around noon? I landed only one small legal, had a much bigger fish that a seal eventually won over... and one jack . I went into coal harbour for fuel about 11:30 then came by a big Grady off Pink Appt area on my way out about noon.

I think that may have been me in my 228G seafarer - was that you I passed out west off pink appt area at around noon? I landed only one small legal, had a much bigger fish that a seal eventually won over... and one jack . I went into coal harbour for fuel about 11:30 then came by a big Grady off Pink Appt area on my way out about noon.

Ya.....that was likely us. Do you have one of the new Yami's on it? Around noon I think we had trolled out that way.

My buddy commented....."running lines on your own would be tough". ;)

Ya.....that was likely us. Do you have one of the new Yami's on it? Around noon I think we had trolled out that way.
My buddy commented....."running lines on your own would be tough". ;)

It is Yami but not new - hull and main pwr are 2000. An HPDI 200 hp ( Yami grey with the red 'lightning' slash ) kicker is 2012 Yami 9.9HT

I got a rare last minute day off work and got out there solo - just running 2 rods on Tuesday so pretty easy. A double header solo at the cap fall congestion can turn a slow morning into mayhem so spacing them out would be better ! I sometimes go to 3 rods at the cap when solo but other locations up to 4 when solo. The multiple hook ups are hilarious anywhere when solo ( I have had soc quads fishing solo and its not pretty !) but if you ever want to improve your mult-tasking skills, its amazing what you can do with practice and determination, to get to a decent system that works well.

Fighting a Chinook away from a seal, getting riggers in and chasing it down is a little more than I want to handle solo. That 'system' failed Tuesday!!. lol

We tried yesterday, but with the ebb tide and that wind it was too much for my buddies son to handle.....lines just touched the water and my buddy said "guys we are gonna have to take him back in". :(

On Tuesday morning the guide boats were into them....and apparently yesterday morning as well.

Fished from 3-6:30 along the WV shoreline. Not a lot of action but did hook up a nice big coho on an anchovie at 20' while I was putting my top line in the clip. Not a lot of nets out there but was a beautiful way to spend an evening.

We had a good time at the firemans derby today. A little wet as I don't have a top for my boat. Nice to see some forum members out there. The dog ****** oops I mean fog ducker, Keith( nauti girl) and met a few more. We had CCB out there with us too. Congrats to Keith on a couple of nice fish which picked up second place(I think) but it was pretty slow out there and we felt lucky to bring in a 8.5 lb coho. Lost one other at the boat but what a good day with some good fishing partners on many boats out there. A lot of talking between boats which is very nice to see. Good times boys.

Cannibal Chris.

We had a good time at the firemans derby today. A little wet as I don't have a top for my boat. Nice to see some forum members out there. The dog ****** oops I mean fog ducker, Keith( feelin naughty) , Haney and met a few more. We had CCB out there with us too. Congrats to Keith on a couple of nice fish which picked up second place(I think) but it was pretty slow out there and we felt lucky to bring in a 8.5 lb coho. Lost one other at the boat but what a good day with some good fishing partners on many boats out there. A lot of talking between boats which is very nice to see. Good times boys.

Cannibal Chris.

We were in the derby today; didn't realize so many of you guys were forum members! Talked to a bunch of you at the dock. We were the ones with the 18.14lb 5th place fish. Fished out of Angelina Summer's Bayliner 192.

Great ending to a long day. Fishing was slow but we lucked out on our one hit of the day right at high tide around 2pm. Well organized and a good cause. Definitely going to be back next year.

Cheers.

Woke up this a.m. and heard the pouring rain but was wide awake so the lunacy began and I walked out the door and 20 minutes later I was the only boat at the Cap ... hmmm, wonder why ... pouring rain, brutal forecast and a low slack tide ... not exactly the recipe for success but there is something very peaceful and strange about being the only boat fishing the Cap on a Saturday morning in September, even if it felt like winter (heater was on the whole time).

Anyways, between 7am and 915am, I had 5 solid hits that popped off the downrigger ... two that didn't stick; one that was mid 20's that stuck on long enough for a good fight before breaking off near the side of the boat; and, two 15 lb fish that were boxed to call it a day. Even had my own private harbour patrol visit to let me know that a freighter was coming out and who stuck around to watch me play and net the first fish (even called out nice spring over the loudspeaker).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,001
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back