2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished the sandheads today. 6 pinks, 1 spring about 10 lbs, and 3 smaller springs aswell in about 4 hours. All on anchovies. I think i won the smallest boat award out there with my little 12 ft zodiac haha.

Hey Guys's Fished Sandheads this morning and the fishing was great. We started out with two mid teeners followed by my very first tyee!!! 31.8 lbs of awesome!!

All fish where caught at 50ft on chovy!

The tyee almost spooled me but we turned and started to chase which was a hoot in the middle of pack. Big thanks to all the boats that got out of our way and pulled there gear. We ended up doing donuts around the fish until he finally came to surface. What a fight 20min of pure excitement!

Way to go Captain! I was out there too. Dropped the lines at the crack of 8 solo. Ended up with 7 to the boat by 9:30 one football white pushing close to twenty, released 1 wild coho, 2 springs released in the 10-12lb range, a pink and two likely a tad undersize. Hit another 12 around eleven and I was done. Pretty busy when I was in the grounds wandered out a bit but got nothing but a a seal chasing me.

Congrats Marty. Thanks for giving me a teaser head that we hit a nice one on but my net guy isn't so good sometimes and we lost him at the boat. But we did manage two in the twenty pound range and lost 4 other springs. One biggie hit the third rod when it was being pulled up about 20 feet behind the boat but old line and she snapped. Anyhow nice day on the water and we also saw nick( finished business) out there. Nice to recognize a couple forum members out there.

ase4yzyv.jpg

Cannibal Chris.

Way to go Captain! I was out there too. Dropped the lines at the crack of 8 solo. Ended up with 7 to the boat by 9:30 one football white pushing close to twenty, released 1 wild coho, 2 springs released in the 10-12lb range, a pink and two likely a tad undersize. Hit another 12 around eleven and I was done. Pretty busy when I was in the grounds wandered out a bit but got nothing but a a seal chasing me.

Good to see you got them Harry, did you end up south of the t10 today?

Good to see you got them Harry, did you end up south of the t10 today?

Shot past the t10, it was hard to do but headed all the way down to the south arm. It was good, no tyee for me but real busy. It worked out well, finished early. You should have come along. Maybe we could have scrounged up one more big one.

Great to see you guys out there, chris, fishwhenican....would have loved to see you tackle that monstar Marty!
I was down @ Sandheads as well. Glassy morning so the burn from N.arm was a quick run. Out with my lady for her first serious fishing day and it seems she brought some luck! Tied into 6 fish. Pink to start than an exciting double header, she was hooked into Marty's fish, and I about a 15 pounda. I hurried the smaller of the two into the net, my first solo net! And got back on the wheel. With the Miss trying hard to keep up, the fish finally surfaced 60' behind the boat, spat the hook and said SEEYA! and made a bee-line for the Captain's offering....I swear! lol
A couple more pinks came to the boat by her hand and I was rewarded with one more keeper, a 14lb spring.
Released the pinks and took home two whites. Great morning on the water. Fished 9-1pm.

Hits on naked anchovies and uv hooch/flash combo. Depths were 53, 68, and 135 for the springs, fishing the deeper water (3-500) around sandheads.

DSC00025_zps8a604a59.jpg

Cheers

magic day out on the drink today, had my four year old son Bentley out on his first trip. A couple of pinks in the early am and then three springs. green glow teaser heads with betsy gold flashers. 63 ft was the lucky # today and we had most of our hook ups around the T-ten. Party Marty.....was that you in the boat with the full canopy fishing out the side window?? looked like a 24 ft REINELL or Double eagle. We were chucklin as we watched that boat do at least ten donuts around that fish. We also saw a boat with a trout net with about a 12" hoop land a spring.....great stuff. Back to work tommorrow, the 65 day dream is over. Fantastic out there right now.

Went out today at around 11 and fished until 7. Had a nice pink and a 12 lbs red both on green glo chovies, green flashers around 50 feet in 100 feet of water in between T-10 and the north arm jetty.

We were out today for the first time at sandheads, hooked into a nice spring first thing this morning that we lost at the boat, then nothing else. First year with the boat so steep learning curve. Still a great day out on the water. Will go out again next weekend but with some bait. Talked to some nice folks at the dock when we came back in, they gave me some pointers.

Nice work guys and congrats on tyee. Bringing boat back from NV dropped rods at 2nd marker and trolled across ubc flats in 40 ft of water. Tons of bait balls on sounder and bait jumping on surface. Rigger at 42 green glow herring gets hammered. a good fight but spits hook 10 ft back. I'm pissed. Reset lines and same set up gets hit and takes off peeling line. Finally get it in net. A 22lb marble. After no springs in derby felt good to finally boat 1

Took half the day off on Friday after seeing the forecast and headed out with Trendsetter. Started at T10 and trolled south. Pulled the gear and dropped it again after meeting up with the rest of the fleet at Sandheads. Perfect day but the fish weren't biting for us. Pulled the gear again and dropped it back down at the North arm. Anyone else fish all three spots in one day w/o a hit?

Sunday I took my daughter out in the afternoon and fished between the north arm and bell buoy. Hit a small one close to Bell. It was small but didn't want to leave the water and took a good 10 minutes to land.

Was on the water at 6am Monday morning and hit what seemed to be a big one at 7:20 near the North Arm. Had a rookie on board and his side of the boat hit first so he took the rod (them's the rules on my boat!). Well as I was coaching him on how to let the fish run and when to reel and back and forth again, he managed to bang a few knuckles and somehow untwist the drag wheel all the way and off popped my reel. I put the pieces back on but the fish was no longer....broke the line after the flasher. Wasted an hour going to False Creek for fuel, then the wind picked up quite a bit after 11 and we called it a day. I made a request at the dock that Vancouver Marina fuel dock open at 6am, next time you're there let them know that I'm not the only one that would like this (I usually get back after 7pm when they close so I can't fuel up for the next trip).

So for everyone who didn't have as good of luck as everyone else in this thread, you're not alone.

IMG_00000066.jpg

Great day Labour day, enjoyed the water and the lovely Springs we caught at Sandheads.
12, 16, 20 and 23lbs on the flood, all whites to boot!
Wish everyday could be so productive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent work out there everyone ! Good to see all these fish out there! Nice to see you on here Gray Adventure and congrats on those fish! A big congrats to CPartyMarty as he has come along way this season and is now catching in a big way !!

I have not been posting much lately as been very busy and just completed the LDC Derby this past weekend. Looks like the day after the derby was awesome at sandheads . I was out in a buddy's boat for the derby and while we weighed in (catch and released ) some average size fish and lost some fish we weren't on the winners board :( :( An associate of mine won second place so congrats to him and his team! . Congrats to the winner for a 38+ lber caught about 30 minutes before the 2nd day ended but also since they also won second place last year!!! All in all a fantastic amount of fun and a great bunch of guys .....the splash girls added just a little extra bonus lol. Congrats also to Tim/ Hook'in up as his team was in third place after the first day and ended up about 5th I think.

I haven't posted many photos recently but when kids get out and catch fish I prefer to post those photos ( nephew and his friend)- here's a few from a fairly short day on the water the day before the derby on this past Friday.... we kept 3 nice Chinook ( 2 were hatchery) releasing a small legal one as well , a couple jacks, as well as of course some pinks we hit ( the boys wanted to keep a few !!! )

IMG_5551Aug30 fri.jpgIMG_5568 Aug 30 fri.jpgIMG_5555Aug 30fri.jpg

Nice fish Peahead. I'd like to thank all you commonly contributing forum members.

For a guy who is not able to go out that much, it is great to know what is working/where when I do get the chance.

Cheers,

el Pereh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back