2013 Tyee's

Rowed a new member into the Tyee Club with this 45 pounder.
Caught on Gibbs Stewart #8 spoon, 20 lb. line with single action reel from a rowboat and was third biggest of the season here.

Take care.

Three over thirty on my boat this year out on the banks out of Bamfield. 2 just made 30 and this one came in at 35. Caught by the lady in the photo on a 6" Turd bouncing bottom in 165 feet of water, while slow trolling for halibut.

Attachments

• IMG-20130803-00013.jpg
    IMG-20130803-00013.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 497
Buncha nice fish pics for sure.

Well done all.

Take care.

Got this 45lber at the Shallows on Big Bank 1st week of August. It hit a UV hootchie with a UV B2 sguid at 80 feet. It came as a huge surprise because because almost every spring we caught on our trip was in the teens with very few in the low 20's. It was a great fight made even better by my buddy bonking it in the head while trying to net it and sending to straight to the bottom again in about 5 seconds lol. Too bad I hadn't bought a Ukee Salmon Ladder ticket since a 32lber won for August. Oh well.

I'll go out on a limb and say that was a white one?

Got this 45lber at the Shallows on Big Bank 1st week of August. It hit a UV hootchie with a UV B2 sguid at 80 feet. It came as a huge surprise because because almost every spring we caught on our trip was in the teens with very few in the low 20's. It was a great fight made even better by my buddy bonking it in the head while trying to net it and sending to straight to the bottom again in about 5 seconds lol. Too bad I hadn't bought a Ukee Salmon Ladder ticket since a 32lber won for August. Oh well.

I have to say thanks for not getting a derby ticket, it allowed Robert Cash to enter his tyee at 32.08 and got first place in ladder derby,,,, Thank You.....
Caught by the North Nipple on a sonora cuttlefish at 97 feet...

IMAG1089.jpg

I have to say thanks for not getting a derby ticket, it allowed Robert Cash to enter his tyee at 32.08 and got first place in ladder derby,,,, Thank You.....
Caught by the North Nipple on a sonora cuttlefish at 97 feet...

View attachment 9210

You're welcome. Hey, I didn't need that $2,500 anyway. I would have just blown it on a couple new high speed Scotty's and a few other things anyways lol.

Gotta love those Senora Cuttlefish. They're awesome. I sure wish I could find somewhere that carries them. I've heard they have been discontinued.

Beautiful fish-- too bad the picture is lessened by the sour look on the guys face.

Why do some fishermen need to frown when getting their picture taken with a nice fish????

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful fish-- too bad the picture is lessened by the sour look on the guys face.

Why do some fishermen need to frown when getting their picture taken with a nice fish????

because their smile muscles are tired?

Hahaha......have always wondered that as well CL. Hunting and fishing pics with dudes who look like they would rather be anywhere else.

Never put her on a scale but I think the number probably began with a "4" instead of a "3"

Plug-cut in 50 ft, Central Coast. Turned loose at least 5 fish that were either tyee or within hand-grenade distance of tyee so I didn't feel like a total raper and pillager...

Last edited by a moderator:
What a Beauty! Nice to hear some of these hogs went back! I love the electronics on the stern of the boat. Great idea!

-KK

Never put her on a scale but I think the number probably began with a "4" instead of a "3"

Plug-cut in 50 ft, Central Coast. Turned loose at least 5 fish that were either tyee or within hand-grenade distance of tyee so I didn't feel like a total raper and pillager...

Back