2013 Tuna adventures

Your thinking Saturday could be doable?
was thinking I might pass on this weekend and come up after the forecast improves, but certainly would not want to miss out on a fish-able day

late report from another successful tuna trip.
we left the dock 5am sutarday,the water was flat and was an easy ride to the canyon, we got the first fish around 10 am and a bit of a help from Tuna Don we got 17 big one on the ice by the end of the day.
we have seen a lot of whales and dolphins were swimming along side of the boat,

congratulation Seadna fo that nice yellow fin

DSC01429.jpg

http://youtu.be/B8GFSWMnM7g

Sounds like a good trip why knot :). I was abe to experience the heads off packing with birdsnest the other weekend. It's pretty incredible how much room you gain by whacking the heads off!!!

Sounds like a good trip why knot :). I was abe to experience the heads off packing with birdsnest the other weekend. It's pretty incredible how much room you gain by whacking the heads off!!!

Yes, new to me this year but a habit from now on. I see other guys are leaving the collars on. I found it hard to get the guts out doing that but the "butt" cut I did on my last trip and it worked great! Saves space and ice and assists with faster cooling and the nicest thing is when you are loining them there is no bloody gut shot mess on the table that could contaminate the loins. Just scales and minor stuff. Its bit more work while out on the chuck but worth it! IMHO Careful jamming them in your coolers tho the spine that sticks out can poke holes in your cooler. Fixed mine with tuck tape.

cool vid.....especially the gaff shots. Whats the point running rods if all you do is leave them in the holders, may as well just run meat lines?

Sunday 9/22
Morning

Gale warning with dangerous seas. Small craft advisory. Use extreme caution. Large short period wind waves.

Seas: SSW 3.8 meters at 8 seconds

Winds: S 31 to 41 knots

Monday looks exciting as well:
Monday 9/23
Morning

Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Very large long period swell.

Seas: WNW 5.3 meters at 15 seconds

Winds: WSW 14 to 20 knots

Afternoon

Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Very large long period swell.

Seas: WNW 5.1 meters at 15 seconds

Winds: WSW 11 to 15 knots

Love that video whynot. The music was well paired to the action.

That was awesome why knot!!!

Giving away all your secret lures though ha ha.

I do not mind to share what work for me, I think there is enough TUNA for everybody out there.

My body showed me how to prepare that part of tuna that many of us just troughing away, it is a collared , I just made some for dinner, it is delicious, you guys should try.
image.jpg

Back