2013 Suzuki DF140

Reelin In The Years

Came in from fishing the fingers on Mon. Motor ran good coming in with off and on the throttle. WOT sometimes and slowing down for rougher sections. Get into Newcastle channel and slow to 5mph. Get to area where the Brechin launch is and pull throttle into neutral waiting for a space at the launch. Rev limit light on gauges goes off and beeps 3 times about every 5 seconds. Put boat back in gear and light goes off. Brought boat home and flushed, still doing it. Turn key on and the 4 gauges flash with single beep. The other lights go out and the Rev light stays on with 3 beeps every 5 sec. Motor does not even have to be running. Put throttle in gear forward or reverse and the light and beeping stop. Motor does not even have to run.

Has anybody else had this issue with there Suzuki? Seems like some kind of code. Can't get it into shop till middle of Aug.

Thanks for any replies.

You sure it's not the 100 hour oil change reminder?
I'd do a reset and it may all go away.

Other possibility is water in fuel. I'd drain the racor filter and put in some fresh gas.

You sure it's not the 100 hour oil change reminder?
I'd do a reset and it may all go away.

Other possibility is water in fuel. I'd drain the racor filter and put in some fresh gas.
Thanks Ringo. I have done both of these things you suggested with no positive results. There was 1/2 a bottle of water when I changed the racor filter though.

If you have some water in your racor there could be water in the small fuel filter on the engine causing the alarm to go off.

Thanks Ringo. I have done both of these things you suggested with no positive results. There was 1/2 a bottle of water when I changed the racor filter though.
That's a worrying amount in a racor. I'd go after the engines water filter like vanisl mentioned. I'd also look into why there's so much water in the tank. Relevant the last time you checked your filter....
Gl

If you have some water in your racor there could be water in the small fuel filter on the engine causing the alarm to go off.
How are people getting water in their fuel/water separating filter? After owning my boat for past 4 years, every single year that i change out the water separating filter, there is not even a drop of water to be found when it's dumped into a clear jar.

I’d drain the VST and also check for any debris at the bottom of the Racor. You may have a case of bad fuel issue.
When was the last time you gassed up? I’d also look into how that much water has found it’s way to the tank if it’s fresh”er” gas that you’re using.

I’d drain the VST and also check for any debris at the bottom of the Racor. You may have a case of bad fuel issue.
When was the last time you gassed up? I’d also look into how that much water has found it’s way to the tank if it’s fresh”er” gas that you’re using.
What is the VST?
I put $100 of gas in last Oct. Put 10 gallons in about a month ago. This past Mon. I put $130 in. So should be fairly fresh gas in the tank.
What is the best thing to put into the tank to evaporate the water in there?

What is the VST?
I put $100 of gas in last Oct. Put 10 gallons in about a month ago. This past Mon. I put $130 in. So should be fairly fresh gas in the tank.
What is the best thing to put into the tank to evaporate the water in there?
Vapor Separator Tank. Unless you're using marine-grade gas or non-ethanol at the end of the season, there's always a risk of condensation building up during the winter months. Although half a bottle of water in the racor is pretty alarming and may need some investigation. Maybe check your fuel line for any cracks or possible leak from the cap??

I'd just drain the VST and add a can of Seafoam to the tank. Keep your fingers crossed that it's just a case of bad fuel and it'll slowly burn itself off or get trapped in the racor. Good luck!
1658508359460.png

Vapor Separator Tank. Unless you're using marine-grade gas or non-ethanol at the end of the season, there's always a risk of condensation building up during the winter months. Although half a bottle of water in the racor is pretty alarming and may need some investigation. Maybe check your fuel line for any cracks or possible leak from the cap??

I'd just drain the VST and add a can of Seafoam to the tank. Keep your fingers crossed that it's just a case of bad fuel and it'll slowly burn itself off or get trapped in the racor. Good luck!
View attachment 82660
So, today I changed the inline gas filter on the engine. It had a lot of water in it. Fired the motor up and Success the light went out and no more beeps.
Will keep an eye on the filter more often and see if there is more water in the tank. Will also throw in a can of Seafoam.
Can't remember the name of that fluid that people in cold areas put in their tanks in the winter time to prevent the water from freezing. Anyone know what it is called?

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and comments. Lots of members with valuable info on this forum.

So, today I changed the inline gas filter on the engine. It had a lot of water in it. Fired the motor up and Success the light went out and no more beeps.
Will keep an eye on the filter more often and see if there is more water in the tank. Will also throw in a can of Seafoam.
Can't remember the name of that fluid that people in cold areas put in their tanks in the winter time to prevent the water from freezing. Anyone know what it is called?

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and comments. Lots of members with valuable info on this forum.
Methyl hydrate.
I would check you fuel filler cap o-ring first. Also check the condition of your fuel fill fitting. Not sure age of the boat but my old hourston had the threads rot off the pot metal filler. Get some mercury quick clean. Great stuff. The small bottle treats 300l. You will notice your engines run smoother. Keep an eye on your racor. Once you run the boat for a 10 min run drain some fluid out to see if you are getting water still.
Cabellas has quick clean. Keep checking your racor.

Water will settle to the bottom of the tank where your pickup is. If the problem persists you can remove the fuel feed and vent lines and lightly pressurize the tank through the vent to get a siphon started and drain the old gas, hopefully it doesn’t come to that and your all set..

Back