2013 Bamfield Tuna Shootout recaps and pics

i am working on a vid and story if that helps.... too bad no shots of sculpin with "land legs" lol

i am working on a vid and story if that helps.... too bad no shots of sculpin with "land legs" lol

Right on! I can't wait to see it. That helps for sure :D.

I sure hope there aren't any "land leg" shots of me covered in moss and leaves to boot lol. Oh well, someone had to get carried away (pun intended ha ha):p. What happens in Bamfield stay's in Bamfield :cool:. Thanks for your help (and whyknot's too). If either of you ever need a hand like I did I'll be there for ya. You are the true meaning of stand up guy's.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were a lot of boats that entered and I'm assuming took pictures. Is there anyone else with some more pictures to share? :).

I'm having withdrawals already lol :p.

somebody with a friendly hello

Attachments

• IMG_1612.jpg
    IMG_1612.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,175
Yup, Bloody Decks salute :). 21 tuna and a new motor that fits the boat to a "t" will make one a little over excited lol.

here are a few photos aboard the Pai-Lolo

Attachments

• shoot out andrew and mac.jpg
    shoot out andrew and mac.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 554
  • shoot out flying tuna.jpg
    shoot out flying tuna.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 548
  • shoot out mac.jpg
    shoot out mac.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 547
  • shootout bloody deck.jpg
    shootout bloody deck.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 544
  • shootout more flying tuna.jpg
    shootout more flying tuna.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 547
Great shots Mac. I really like that last one! Thanks for keeping this thread alive. This tuna addiction is killing me :p.

Mack, they are all of you, good thing your not camera shy! Wicked pictures, keep them coming. I love the ones of the tuna flying through the air. Next year is going to be a gong show, I can tell already, can't wait.

So are dates picked out already for next year? Any thoughts of going 1 week earlier? That would increase the probability of good weather a little.

Ya. It really will be! Can't wait to do it all over! Good luck to Chad and the boys at Bisbees this week!!

Are you serious??? That's an entry fee I don't think I could pull off lol.

Good luck boys. I'll be checking that out for sure. Which boat are you guy's on?

They are fishing with Mike of Renegade Mike Sports Fishing. Great fisherman and knows how to hunt down fish.

It's a mean tournament and you need all your bases covered.
The boat and crew have to be tuned up 100% and everyone involved has to be pretty much insane....
I know I've got the right boat.....
You gotta look long beyond one charter with a guy just to pass judgement on a day charter.
Renegade mike....love him or hate him kills fish....period!

It's a mean tournament and you need all your bases covered.
The boat and crew have to be tuned up 100% and everyone involved has to be pretty much insane....
I know I've got the right boat.....
You gotta look long beyond one charter with a guy just to pass judgement on a day charter.
Renegade mike....love him or hate him kills fish....period!

Fair enough Chad. I know he kills fish. Good luck and have fun. The whole thing must be quite the adventure and not one that very many get to experience in their lifetime:cool:.
Cheers,
John

Sorry for the hijack. Got all excited about BC'ers involved with the Bisbee Cup down South.

On to the current program............Can't wait to see your reports Kelly and Trophywife!!!

Hey Kelly,

I have been trying to get my writeup done but have been really busy at work and for the next couple of weeks...I am off for a little deer hunting then down to Mexico for some true rest and relax...I may have a writeup for a mag in the end...I need to talk to you first to make sure all would be cool...Jeff seemed okay with it...figure I could pull it off...give me a shout when you get a chance

Back