2013 Bamfield Tuna Shootout

I usually run handline off one side when I remember to put it back in. Not up to me just wondering what the guys running shootout have to say. Just comparing to Westport shootout as that is closest to us and a fairly big deal. Would like to think that it would be neat if small place like Bamfield could compare to it.

Would like to think that it would be neat if small place like Bamfield could compare to it.

The small place like Bamfield already trumps Westport in so many way's Don. Bamfield wins hands down.

I think Black Velvet will bring up a few hardcore folks, like himself next year. They probably want to get away from the rules themselves and just have some fun:cool:. I think the format is great as is IMO :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it is great also. I know a friend of mine that won salmon derby in Queen Charlottes and as winner got to go to marlin derby in Mexico. I would like to see as part of first prize we send our winner to Westport ( congrats to freedom 22) to compete and they send there winner here. Would like to see them compete here with our conditions.

The small place like Bamfield already trumps Westport in so many way's Don. Bamfield wins hands down.

I think Black Velvet will bring up a few hardcore folks, like himself next year. They probably want to get away from the rules themselves and just have some fun:cool:. I think the format is great as is IMO :).

Ha ha ha John, hardcore ??? Me ??? That's funny. I'm just addicted, hardcore is the next level up.....and guess what. From where I'm at BC is up and you are there, so that makes you hardcore John. ha ha ha

Ha ha ha John, hardcore ??? Me ??? That's funny. I'm just addicted, hardcore is the next level up.....and guess what. From where I'm at BC is up and you are there, so that makes you hardcore John. ha ha ha

I wore the hoodie you gave me in great honor buddy. I wore it the whole time this weekend up in Tofino, Ucluelet, and Coombs and everyone thought I was a tourist from Washington. It was priceless buddy!!! I love that thing.

For anyone that is down South and want to check out Black Velvet's bar here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soundview-Bar-Grill/251607955979

I have not been there before but I am wearing his swag quite proudly due to my recent trip with him on the Pacific Dream killing albacore tuna. Ted is a great guy, a friend, and I fully support him in any way I can. I plan on going down to the Seattle boat show again this winter and will definitely stop in for a pint at his establishment.

Cheers,
John

I wore the hoodie you gave me in great honor buddy. I wore it the whole time this weekend up in Tofino, Ucluelet, and Coombs and everyone thought I was a tourist from Washington. It was priceless buddy!!! I love that thing.

For anyone that is down South and want to check out Black Velvet's bar here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soundview-Bar-Grill/251607955979

I have not been there before but I am wearing his swag quite proudly due to my recent trip with him on the Pacific Dream killing albacore tuna. Ted is a great guy, a friend, and I fully support him in any way I can. I plan on going down to the Seattle boat show again this winter and will definitely stop in for a pint at his establishment.

Cheers,
John

I'll second all of that.

In addition to helping set up the seminar with QCOVE Ted and his establishment spent money out of pocket to supply extra prizes for the Shootout.

Amazing fella and if I were ever to head south of the border I'd spend a night there having likely more than one pint!!

On another note, I am brainstorming and planning for 2014 as we speak. If anyone has ideas or suggestions, please PM them to me - I have processed the feedback I've received thus far to create an even better event for next year.

Blackfinmac - I'm sending you a private message right now so check your inbox when you get a second.

Jeff

A couple of suggestions from me but overall this year was phenomenal like I've said before.
1. Digital hanging scale
2. Entry fees paid in full by May1/2014
- this allows organizers time to deal with all fees and prizes.
- this also doesn't allow last minute cancellations without pay just because a few guys don't like the weather, etc.

This is a great tournament and has a viable future and I hope it continues

Digital scale is done. As Wade mentioned, likely come down to a matter of ounces next year with a full house.

Love the deadline - will help us weed out the noncommittal guys that sorta left us high and dry this year.

It will continue, and be better each season. Have a three year goal and a five year as well...

Thanks for all your support and can't wait to see you guys up there this spring!!

Thanks to all who have already messaged, it's only been a couple hours... I think we are gonna be full next year by the sounds of it!!

Jeff

Throw one of these in each Captain's bucket-some of the knives people were using could use one.

990_new.jpg

Just a bump for next year. I was going through my pile of paper and found this lol!!!

A little weathered and worn and cost me a bottle of rum but sooooo worth it lol. It's a collectors item now ha ha. Ticket No.1 baby.

This ones going in the treasure chest for sure. Thanks again. It was a blast :cool:. You guy's did a great job of running the whole event and it will only be better next year.

The go to derby of the year. Here's to the 2014 Bamfield Tuna Shootout :D.

Cheers,
John

I am so in again next year...can't wait, everytime I pig out on a loin I remember the hammer of the albie and the great event it was....simply the best!

Back