2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

We did. We started fishing more down towards the mile marker and to just inside the bell bouy. As soom as we got outside the bell and sometimes close to it we'd get another one on. Hard to leave a place you got one though and the weather was cutting down on options on where to move. We started the morning off turning south towards the T10 but turned back about a mile down. seemed like most of the guides were fishng beside us.

I saw you out there Finally. We were on our way out when you were standing at the back of your boat. Guess that was when you were having your motor issues.

What a gong show at the ramp. It's getting worse and worse every year. It's the one reason i look forward to the winter, early spring. Less people who have no clue and have no clue they have no clue!

Nop not engine , the crab trap monster had my balls , both of them !
That's my cannon balls, both 15 's and flaher and hook. Second time this year .
Nice to see u out there and got tired of the gong shows at the ramps so now I moor boat.
If your our tommow , I see u out there, I hope the wind stay calm as I want to fish for chins on our side then go over for bottom fish at thraser.
Tight lines

is it worth the run this time of the year to go for ling ,sir vivor ? I was thinkin about doing that thursday or friday but I was told by a not to reliable guy that it's no good this time of the year ?? Didnt make sence to me but Ive never tried.
Dan

What a gong show at the ramp. It's getting worse and worse every year. It's the one reason i look forward to the winter, early spring. Less people who have no clue and have no clue they have no clue!

No kidding. I launched in Port Moody @ 5am Saturday and it was beautiful. Nobody there. Coming back in was a nightmare. Some guy was pulling a sailboat and forgot to pull in his rudder. Needless to say, he is now stuck on the ramp trying to remove it, while it's under pressure from being bent on the ramp. Funny to watch. Another guy in a motorhome trying to load his boat taking up 2 spots. And forget about rinsing the boat there, as there was a dude cleaning his boat with a toothbrush. I waited a good 20 minutes to finally be able to back down the launch and get my boat. I pulled out, tied my boat down, packed all the gear in my truck, and this guy was still there cleaning his boat. There was probably 5-6 boats waiting to use the hose. You'd think the guy would maybe hurry it up a bit so other people could use the hose, and not wait in a line clogging up the whole area. I just took my boat home and did all that. Wasn't waiting in that gong show.

When you saw us we most likely were untangling our lines with the crab trap monster!!! ended only loosing a flasher combo and we were able to salvage our cannons balls. Kinda freaky, was almost ready to cut the cables. We thought we saw the submerged float as were were slowly bringing in the cables but not sure. The motor issue was just after as we were ready to pack it in after that mess. kinda makes you wonder what else is down there ready to snag the cables as we never saw a float or anything in that area.

Sunday red can

Was out on Sunday, Right away fish on...but it was a smaller spring just shy of legal size, maybe a jack spring, it looked more mature than a normal feeder. Then went on to have a couple good plug rippers that didn't stick. Finally hooked up with a solid fish, and Mr. Seal took it. Oh well just **** luck, I was going to go to the T10's...I wonder how the action was there? At one point the dogs started on the chovy so I changed over to Spoon and hootchie, One hit on the spoon and a miss.

is it worth the run this time of the year to go for ling ,sir vivor ? I was thinkin about doing that thursday or friday but I was told by a not to reliable guy that it's no good this time of the year ?? Didnt make sence to me but Ive never tried.
Dan

Same here , "never tried", but that's what kinda makes me want too.
Might just be a way to throw money away but that's what fishing is all about besides its not mine, its VISAs
LOL, now u know why I'm not a banker anymore !

Well after a brief time off from fishing we hit it hard today, left the marina at 8ish and headed straight to the T10 gear in anchovies in deep and hootchies up top, wasn't too long before the first fish came to the boat at nice 17 lb white on an anchovy at 80' boxed that and reset the gear, trolled for another hour and a half or so and only picked up 1 other 12lb red on a chovie at 77'. Dropped the hootchies and switched to all meat Nothing more till 2:30-3:00 when we hit a double and only managed to convert 1 to the box another 17lb red, another hour we hit the last one at 77' again on a chovie and it was a white, a short girthy white at 17lbs again, so it was 4:00 and we were tubbed out pulled up and headed in went 4 for 5, perfect water conditions, an awesome day
Good to be back
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice work gidyup. Fished the t 10 today from about 3 pm until 5 30 or so and only had a shaker on. My chovy selection was limited to a few left over from last trip and a coupe 7 inch herring though, didn't have much confidence in the presentation. Fished between 66 and 36. My wife hooked up a seagull which tried to steal a chovy. We had to bring it into the boat to remove a hook in the beak. Quite the kite show watching it fly around with flasher . Released unharmed. May try tomorrow again.

word of warning, if your dropping for prawns or traps on way to Fraser mouth , the trap thieves are really active right now, my brother just lost 2 brand new prawn traps and leaded rope and even the ball, as well a couple(girl) were diving in the crabby areas and very strangely my bros traps were empty even after the carcass was chewed??? something needs to be done and im sure someone may get a seriously bodily inury if ever caught

Nice work gidyup. Fished the t 10 today from about 3 pm until 5 30 or so and only had a shaker on. My chovy selection was limited to a few left over from last trip and a coupe 7 inch herring though, didn't have much confidence in the presentation. Fished between 66 and 36. My wife hooked up a seagull which tried to steal a chovy. We had to bring it into the boat to remove a hook in the beak. Quite the kite show watching it fly around with flasher . Released unharmed. May try tomorrow again.

Hey Dave, yeah great day for sure, I had Rich out with me and he ran some big herring too and the one we lost on the double was on a big herring, just a screamer, funny thing he hooked up a gull too same thing right through the beak, we seen you show up just as we were doing our last pass back north we hooked up the last one and headed. All our fish came on glow flasher, glow teasers, and Richs glow balls except the one on herring
Tim

I think we are heading out for the afternoon bite tomorrow again
77 was the magic number on the riggers too

Yes that was us yesterday, early start at T10 only 1 other boat there when we dropped the lines, hit over 30 of the little guys, watched about 8 fish being netted, the prawn traps were full which was the consolation prize I guess

Orcas at south ARM - Fishing poor
Fish t10 - no bite
Fishing bell now - fingers crossed

PS Orca show was well worth cost of no fish

Thx for the update sirvivor. I'm heading out tomorrow and heard about the orcas from a buddy already today. Let us know how the bell is for you today. We'll probably be starting at the bell tomorrow and will work our way to T10 by midday if it's slow for us at the bell.

Orcas at south ARM - Fishing poor
Fish t10 - no bite
Fishing bell now - fingers crossed

PS Orca show was well worth cost of no fish

20 boats at the bell right now, but everyone must have forgot their nets because haven't seen one out , one guy said he had a hit ... OK (but it got away) .
Well at least a great night for a boat ride
Maybe tommorow ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, glad to hear the fish are coming in somewhat steady! I am new to the area and recently moved out from the island to Coquitlam so I have no idea what markers or area's you fish. I am heading off to the mouth of the Cap today and going to try my luck wading through the little shakers. If anyone is about be sure to give me a shout on the two way. Good luck out there today!

Mike

Back