20' Hourston Euro Transom

Sorry, I may have not said it right. I suggest it will not plane at the same speed with a 4 degree overall steeper deadrise. Agreed on the more horsepower required. A few charter guys I know with the steep deadrise say it take a lot of throttle to get them on and keep them on plane.
Flat water opposed to heavy chop and swell, if your not having to throttle back and potentially coming off step the extra hp and throttle needed potentially cancellation out the more economical shallower dead-rise.

I learned quickly anchoring for flatties to stay off the bow, and I don’t go on the beach on purpose so no need for bow rail lol. Perfect fishin rig for 2-4 people fer sure. But if I had to make it better it’d be a foot wider and 4 degrees deeper imo.
don't give me any ideas...

Being narrow is one of the reasons it blasts through chop.

Sorry, I may have not said it right. I suggest it will not plane at the same speed with a 4 degree overall steeper deadrise. Agreed on the more horsepower required. A few charter guys I know with the steep deadrise say it take a lot of throttle to get them on and keep them on plane.
makes sense. i think i got a lower plane speed by adding more stern planing surface area for sure. i better go test some more to see if the results are conclusive hah

What’s your take on the new zipwakes compared to the conventional tabs
They are very FAST. The controls are next level which takes some getting used to but once the buttons are understood it makes much more sense. I have no played with the auto features yet so that's next on my list.

I can say one thing they definitely work very well, they will stuff the bow down so no issues on that part.

I will be using the boat tomorrow and have the correct prop so excited to post some running numbers and more pictures.

They are very FAST. The controls are next level which takes some getting used to but once the buttons are understood it makes much more sense. I have no played with the auto features yet so that's next on my list.

I can say one thing they definitely work very well, they will stuff the bow down so no issues on that part.

I will be using the boat tomorrow and have the correct prop so excited to post some running numbers and more pictures.
Thanks for your input on the zipwakes. I’m loving your build thread. Very informative. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours.
Im assuming you have installed a belly tank in conjunction with your oem saddle tanks.
how many liters did you get in the floor

Thanks for your input on the zipwakes. I’m loving your build thread. Very informative. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours.
Im assuming you have installed a belly tank in conjunction with your oem saddle tanks.
how many liters did you get in the floor
I managed to get a 32 gal belly tank on the floor. It's probably possible to get a 35 but I was worried about clearance with fittings etc. I made the saddle tanks a few inches longer so that bumped the sides up to 22 gal for a total of around 76 gal (287L).

I kept the bulkhead between the back deck and downstairs in the same location as the factory so more fuel capacity could be had by bumping the bulkhead forward more. Comes along with its own set of issues.

Did 175 miles of running this weekend. The boat had 4-5 people and gear so she was heavier than normal. fuel economy was pretty rough in the slop at this kind of load. 2.5-2.8MPG. In the smoother water, she got between 3.2-3.5 mpg, and when it was only 2 people maximum economy was 3.7mpg so i can safely conclude i haven't made the boat worse on fuel by much. Going to try the 17 pitch again and see how it performs with 2 people and full gear. I might end up needing to trade someone my 19 eco for an 18 eco if anyone out there wants to do so..

I can't attach the photos I took on my DSLR camera the image files are too big.

Attachments

• 20210618_130039-min.jpg
    20210618_130039-min.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 90
Did 175 miles of running this weekend. The boat had 4-5 people and gear so she was heavier than normal. fuel economy was pretty rough in the slop at this kind of load. 2.5-2.8MPG. In the smoother water, she got between 3.2-3.5 mpg, and when it was only 2 people maximum economy was 3.7mpg so i can safely conclude i haven't made the boat worse on fuel by much. Going to try the 17 pitch again and see how it performs with 2 people and full gear. I might end up needing to trade someone my 19 eco for an 18 eco if anyone out there wants to do so..

I can't attach the photos I took on my DSLR camera the image files are too big.
Does anyone know how to reduce images so they can be uploaded? I tried online tools and got the file size way down but they still won't upload.

Does anyone know how to reduce images so they can be uploaded? I tried online tools and got the file size way down but they still won't upload.
I find just editing them on my phone, does the trick. It saves it in a different format after editing that is smaller. We need to talk about my seafarer one of these days.

Not sure what you are working off of, a PC or iPad or phone. I do all my online stuff on my iPad so for me it’s easy. When I hit that snag I’ll do one of two thing, probly not the techy answer but I don’t understand the techy answer anyways. I either just edit it some and shrink the over all size by just a fraction or I’ll snap a screen shot of the pic and then sync that image. Seems to work for me.

Email them to yourself, check the photos on your phone, screen shot the photo. Upload the screenshot, not the original photo. You'll be at Iphone size quality instead of the DSLR camera quality.

Well that worked, thanks guys! I just screenshotted the image and cropped it in paint. Very high tech stuff.

I still need to replace the rear kicker binnacle and install radar and autopilot then she is fully operational. Heading back out Thursday afternoon I'm curious to see if the boat runs better with less weight on the stern, cushions, and gear in the bow. It would be nice to get 3.8mpg avg but maybe that's not realistic any more.

Attachments

• compressed side shot2.jpg
    compressed side shot2.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 319
  • bow image.jpg
    bow image.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 298
  • Stern Shot.jpg
    Stern Shot.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 324
I find just editing them on my phone, does the trick. It saves it in a different format after editing that is smaller. We need to talk about my seafarer one of these days.
Haha got to do Chucks Trophy this off season already :p

Back