20' Hourston Euro Transom

A little update. The boat ran well this summer overall, it got about 200hrs put on it no cracks or issues it's an absolute tank. I knew my prop was oversized at 19P, so i finally bit the bullet and bought a new 18P for over 1200 bucks! The price has really gone up on them I nearly fell off my chair, needed lube for that one my god.

Got her out for a test run this weekend and the holeshot is better and it was already good. I was able to get her up to 47.5 mph around 5300/5350 RPM with 50% load, i could have trimmed out more but i was butt heavy with 50% fuel, lots of ice and gear in the stern and no gear in bow so that wasn't helping. I could probably step down to a 17P but I tried one and my fuel burn increased at cruise so I'm going to stick with the 18P. Fuel numbers go from 3.5-3.9 depending on trim levels in flatter water. 3.6mpg (US gal) (3.78L) I would say is the average and anything over just makes me smile. Anything over 30mph and the economy falls off slowly, this boat loves 28-30mph. Anymore more or less and your burning more fuel per mile traveled.

I will have a 19P eco prop for sale soon so shoot me a message if you want pictures, its in good shape only 1 yr old.

I have a few more projects for the boat this winter, looking at changing the seating for the driver because it sucks right now. I may add a skim coat of epoxy filler on the planning surface of the euro transom to change the running angle of the boat. I went with the safe route and the boat has a little too much rocker on the addition which I'm thinking isn't helping my porpoising which sometimes happens if I try trimming the boat out and then start getting into some chop. I must be hitting some sort of harmonic frequency. I think I can mud some epoxy filler on pretty easily now that I already have a fair shape, use some aluminum angle as a guide to float the filler on it really should be that bad :p
Wow she sure sits nice staticky. Even with the 2 of you holding that pig in the back.
special edition for sure. Luv the logo

A little update. The boat ran well this summer overall, it got about 200hrs put on it no cracks or issues it's an absolute tank. I knew my prop was oversized at 19P, so i finally bit the bullet and bought a new 18P for over 1200 bucks! The price has really gone up on them I nearly fell off my chair, needed lube for that one my god.

Got her out for a test run this weekend and the holeshot is better and it was already good. I was able to get her up to 47.5 mph around 5300/5350 RPM with 50% load, i could have trimmed out more but i was butt heavy with 50% fuel, lots of ice and gear in the stern and no gear in bow so that wasn't helping. I could probably step down to a 17P but I tried one and my fuel burn increased at cruise so I'm going to stick with the 18P. Fuel numbers go from 3.5-3.9 depending on trim levels in flatter water. 3.6mpg (US gal) (3.78L) I would say is the average and anything over just makes me smile. Anything over 30mph and the economy falls off slowly, this boat loves 28-30mph. Anymore more or less and your burning more fuel per mile traveled.

I will have a 19P eco prop for sale soon so shoot me a message if you want pictures, its in good shape only 1 yr old.

I have a few more projects for the boat this winter, looking at changing the seating for the driver because it sucks right now. I may add a skim coat of epoxy filler on the planning surface of the euro transom to change the running angle of the boat. I went with the safe route and the boat has a little too much rocker on the addition which I'm thinking isn't helping my porpoising which sometimes happens if I try trimming the boat out and then start getting into some chop. I must be hitting some sort of harmonic frequency. I think I can mud some epoxy filler on pretty easily now that I already have a fair shape, use some aluminum angle as a guide to float the filler on it really should be that bad :p
F@&ck that looks hot dude!
Especially without bottom paint (if only seawater cleaned gel coat).
I was looking at a 17p eco recently for my boat as well but unfortunately only have one kidney left :rolleyes:

Back