20' Hourston - $8000 NEW PRICE

This seems very strange. Price goes up and down, cannot get ahold of the seller, boat is listed for 3 different prices. I am not sure but I belive this Hourston was sold for around 2500 with a shot gimble bearing, then repaired and put up for sale. Is the boat really a POS? I really am in the market for one and would like to know if this Hourston is worth looking at.

It may be worth looking at. If it is for sale and it has been mistaken by forum members for another boat. This thread and Jeffy's search for Fugly from the seat of his truck in the oil patch has for surly ruined theirs chances of selling it.

If it is for sale or was sold there are things called maine surveys, where some none bias person that knows what they are doing looks the boat over before purchase.

Then people wonder why some people don't like using this forums BST........ The seller and his item for sale including the business the father runs has been attacked. Totally BS

If the guy would answer his PM's he could clear it all up.. Nobody attacked anybody ... They are obviously a reputable business and nobody questioned that, people are allowed to have an opinion besides that if i had not been 1500 kms away i would have gone to see it ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone even called the phone number of Quinn's?

Its on the other thread....I bought back to the top and pasted a link to it on this thread

Jeff may people buy boats all the time using surveyors and shipping services. Pondering and posting from 1500km may not be the key in locating and purchasing a great boat.

Have you looked when the last time Quinn was even logged onto SFBC? Jan 2nd 12:10pm its not like he's ignoring you maybe its just that he has a life other then SFBC :) Or maybe he no longer want to be a member cause of crap like this.

There are 2 phone numbers regarding this boat that can be called..... Maybe someone should try both of them and if you don't heard back right away maybe they are on a family vacation.

Just got back from looking at both boats. Well, actually only saw one. Phoned both numbers this morning and as of this post have not heard from either regarding the Hourston. I was out that way anyway so thought I would stop in at their yard. Looked around and could not see it anywhere. So still have no idea what the real story is on this boat.
Also went and looked at the 17.5 Ft Double Eagle. The kicker is a 1998 and the main is a 1996. Popped the lid off the main looks very clean and the guy said it runs well. He had taken the batteries out so he didn't start it for me. The hull is a 96 and was in not bad shape. The keel was a little worn at the front, looked like from hitting on trailer. The interior was a little worn, there is new vinyl floor covering on it and he said he had another large piece he would throw in with the deal. Had a couple older swivel seats, some older electronics and the others were in the house. The trailer I think is going to need some work. The axle had a large amount of rust for my liking. I asked about making a deal with no downriggers and kicker but he would have no part of that. He's firm on the price and it's a package deal it's all or nothing. It was not what I was looking for. Ok boat for someone though.

Has anyone even called the phone number of Quinn's?

Its on the other thread....I bought back to the top and pasted a link to it on this thread

Jeff may people buy boats all the time using surveyors and shipping services. Pondering and posting from 1500km may not be the key in locating and purchasing a great boat.

Have you looked when the last time Quinn was even logged onto SFBC? Jan 2nd 12:10pm its not like he's ignoring you maybe its just that he has a life other then SFBC :) Or maybe he no longer want to be a member cause of crap like this.

There are 2 phone numbers regarding this boat that can be called..... Maybe someone should try both of them and if you don't heard back right away maybe they are on a family vacation.

Owen let it GO! He who stirs the shitpot should have to lick the spoon... We are passed that, many members on here have been more then helpful .. Lets call them SFBC marine surveyors... I have followed up on a few excellent leads and thank everyone for their help.. Lets not drag it out K, In fact im sure we could start a new thread .. Sportfishing boats 10k and under... I Asked for help and have found it and appreciate everyones efforts.. Not to many boats here to look at...
670f919a45a70639fc024e8b9d0b9d45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHAT IS THAT WHITE STUFF??????all we have in sooke is green grass and trees starting to bud....

Now back to boats your going to run into EVERY brand of boat that will have rot or other issues when so called boats are not looked after if you care for them it shows.....

I love my hourston....

Wolf

Hello everyone interested in the Hourston. It is sold. Sorry I didn't get this thread cancelled or marked as sold. I haven't been online lately, Ive been dealing with my shop burning to the ground, maybe you saw it on the cover of the colonist a few days ago.
And to clear up the confusion on the price going up or down, I think I may have posted twice on this boat as I dropped the price. the price never went up and down, just down. The boat is sold.

Now as for the transom rot, and people claiming the boat was a piece of crap......
FACT - the boat was 35 years old, I found a soft spot in the deck and repaired it and told the new owner all about it.
FACT - the motor was 35 years old and the new owner new it, I never hid that fact.
FACT - I honestly didn't know there was any rot in the transom
FACT - the boat sold for 7000 which is a great deal for anyone who intended to pod out , even if you had to repair the transom
FACT - if you came to see the boat you would have seen the most amazing hull and topsides, people thought I had painted it until I told them it was original gelcoat out of the mold.
FACT - some people on this forum talk before they even think

Please don't confuse this boat with pearson marine. My name is Quinn Pearson and my dad owns Pearson marine. I just posted it on his website. I don't want anyone thinking that bad boats come from Pearson Marine. Dad sells rock solid boats and stands behind them if there is a problem.

Again, I didn't know the transom was rotted and I thought the repairs were limited to the deck. This was still a good deal for the owner.
And to help solidify my reputation, some of you may have seen the killer dark blue tolly craft with northwest wheelhouse I build and sold as well as the Campion pilot house (also dark blue hull) which had a new set of stringers and transom installed because I knew they were gone and I knew they had to be fixed.

Back