2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait until its $10/L. Would you still have a gas powered vehicle? For me a boat... yes, an automobile not sure.
$700 to fill my 16' boat - no I would not. Unless I was making $2.5M a year?
Car. although we already own a PHEV, the answer is the same.
anyone who says $2.50 at the marina isn't going to hurt them this summer either has deep pockets or is lying.

We’re all going to get $110 in a couple of months to help with the increasing fuel cost! The government is very inclusive in their way of thinking and are going to give this “relief” to EV owners too. :rolleyes:

Happy Friday everyone.

We’re all going to get $110 in a couple of months to help with the increasing fuel cost! The government is very inclusive in their way of thinking and are going to give this “relief” to EV owners too. :rolleyes:

Happy Friday everyone.

Be careful not to make this thread too political. It will get deleted like the other gas rebate thread.

I have 2 downriggers off the stern rail and probably fish 75% of the time with a light breeze down wind using roller furling headsail letting out or pulling in power I need ... I got used to it and it works like a charm. Against wind I use reefed mainsail and tack... works fine but roller furling head sail is easiest. Otherwise my barely compsumptive Isuzu Diesel is always there.

I will be heading out from Comox on day outings fishing in the straight after next week and could take coupla guys if interested.... I am not being facetious but maybe sail is an option but of course the guys with power rigs do buddy up to cut fuel costs.

I have 2 downriggers off the stern rail and probably fish 75% of the time with a light breeze down wind using roller furling headsail letting out or pulling in power I need ... I got used to it and it works like a charm. Against wind I use reefed mainsail and tack... works fine but roller furling head sail is easiest. Otherwise my barely compsumptive Isuzu Diesel is always there.

I will be heading out from Comox on day outings fishing in the straight after next week and could take coupla guys if interested.... I am not being facetious but maybe sail is an option but of course the guys with power rigs do buddy up to cut fuel costs.

Count me out.

Have two trips planned for WH this June and July. Any idea what the fuel situation is ? Fuel reservation/ Pre-pay needed? how much a Liter?
Thanks in advance.

$700 to fill my 16' boat - no I would not. Unless I was making $2.5M a year?
Car. although we already own a PHEV, the answer is the same.
anyone who says $2.50 at the marina isn't going to hurt them this summer either has deep pockets or is lying.
Yes, it costs me $900 to fill my tank. That's good for 2 weeks of summer cruising 'cause we are often at anchor or on a dock. The 6 hp. inflatable might burn 20 liters in the summer. We may spend 6 weeks cruising in the 5 months. That's $2700. Then fishing? Maybe another $1000 using the kicker for trolling. So $3750. Big deal. What other 20 week recreational activity can you do for less than $4000. I know very well the boat is $60,000 and the marina is $5000 and insurance is $1000 and maintenance and upkeep is $3000 per year. But look at RV camping - been there, done that with the motor home. Same thing. 2 weeks in Mexico? Golf or skiing? Smoking? Drinking? Sure, sitting on the couch is cheaper, if that's your thing.

No deep pockets or lying, here. It's just our choice on what we do in retirement. We love boating! That's not going to change because the fuel costs more. Bought groceries, lately? ;)

Have two trips planned for WH this June and July. Any idea what the fuel situation is ? Fuel reservation/ Pre-pay needed? how much a Liter?
Thanks in advance.
Call the Out
Thanks in advance.
Call the Outpost or Winter Harbour Marina. They’ll be able to steer ya in the Right direction.

Can somebody explain why diesel is 30cents/liter higher than gas this morning....the market just makes no sense these days
It’s always higher in the winter. Mainly do to the higher activity in industries, supply and demand.

Can somebody explain why diesel is 30cents/liter higher than gas this morning....the market just makes no sense these days
Dropped by Save on Gas in Burnaby on Friday as the price for diesel on the billboard was $217.9. Put a $100 bucks in and then noticed the actual pump registered $228.9. Brought it to the attention of the cashier and I was asked to watch my tone. Criminal pricing anyway you look at it but passing by this morning it was $240.9. So, I am heading to Courtney on Monday hoping for some relief. Who am I kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back