2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yike ! Never thought of that! Gotta get a locking gas cap.
Don't most vehicles have an thingy to prevent siphoning now?

Got a call from one of the contractors on Transmountain yesterday. Their current billions of dollar estimate will continue to rise. Let's just say they aren't able to get the people they need at the dollars they bid. I told them what to do an they said management is dead set against it. I’ll send them a quote for 1.4-2M for their portion of the project and they will go for a lower bid and end up paying more in the end. Sad how much of our tax dollars are being burned like they are match sticks for foreign contractors who think they should get service for free, just like what happened in Alberta during large construction projects.

No wonder I love small Canadian companies.

Turn on the taps? What taps? What’s the matter with you people?​

$1.95/L sounds like a bargain now!

If you can hold off on filling up your vehicle for a day or so, you may catch a break.
Some analysts say Canadian cities could see prices drop as early as Friday.

A
The days of Docs moving and staying in BC because it's such," a beautiful place to live" is no longer the case for many of these professionals. (Not only Docs) That only accounts for so much and BC is finding out that it's no longer as big of a factor at it use to be. They will need to pay the piper to keep many of these essential people.
And that money comes right out of our pockets in increased taxation

A

And that money comes right out of our pockets in increased taxation
It does but many of these doctors are not going to move here when they can make more than a 100K plus than here and have housing no where near the prices they have to pay in the major centres in BC. The government or the people can't have it both ways. You want to attract and retain these folks you have to be competitive. It's just dollars and "sense". IMO

It does but many of these doctors are not going to move here when they can make more than a 100K plus than here and have housing no where near the prices they have to pay in the major centres in BC. The government or the people can't have it both ways. You want to attract and retain these folks you have to be competitive. It's just dollars and "sense". IMO
BC is pretty much a rich mans prov now... the middle class will all soon have to move away because they literally cannot financially swing it. NO ONE should have to have 4 jobs just to survive. Hopefully something changes but I doubt it, BC is too much of a cash cow for the rest of canada and Ottawa knows it.

BC is pretty much a rich mans prov now... the middle class will all soon have to move away because they literally cannot financially swing it. NO ONE should have to have 4 jobs just to survive. Hopefully something changes but I doubt it, BC is too much of a cash cow for the rest of canada and Ottawa knows it.

Increase interest rates and it strangles the BC economy, They don't even need to raise it that much. To much free money. Its kinda a double edge sword tho as it usually slows down the construction industry.

Increase interest rates and it strangles the BC economy, They don't even need to raise it that much. To much free money. Its kinda a double edge sword tho as it usually slows down the construction industry.
agree I think they should bring the rates up a little as much as I love my locked in 2% rate on my house but something has to be done to knock this place back to reality! There is no infrastructure for first time home buyers, there's no ability to buy into another house even after you sell.., gas prices through the roof, groceries through the roof etc. Everyone just up's their prices to "make up" the difference in the end the middle man and lower middle man get FACKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back