12lb. Cannonballs....that weigh 12lbs.

Seafever

Anybody know where you can get c/balls that actually weigh 12 lbs. around Parksville/Qualicum area?

Lots of places around here sell 12lb balls...but when I weigh them with my digital scale none of them actually weigh that much ( and you are paying for 12lbs). They range all over the place in weight but I've never found any that actually weigh a true 12.

I want at least dead on 12.

Any recommendations?

For what its worth, most of the 15# balls ive got weigh in at 14.xx on my digital luggage scale. I assume its because the alloy used isnt pure lead, or maybe the molds are slightly smaller than advertised. If youre unhappy with your 12s(11s) you could always try 15s(14s)!

There is a fellow (I think in Nanoose or Nanaimo) who sells 12's. Don't know how close in actual weight they are but I see his post online a lot. Name is Devin Morris and his number listed is (250) 618-3790.

I just bought two 15#ers from Sportco in Tacoma, WA, and weighed them when I got home: 15.5 and 15.6 pounds. I was actually surprised they were overweight. :)

I think I paid right about $33 each for them.

There are some guys selling them out of their home for $25 each, but it would have cost me more than $33 when factoring in gas and time.

Last edited:
Back