12 volt outlet adapter for Scotty plug?

kmcghee

Suffice to say I need a 12 volt outlet on my boat and I don't want to run wires for it at this time. I know I can buy a marinco plug and a 12 volt outlet and make one but was wondering if anyone has seen such an adapter already made?

Lots of ways to adapt outlets however keep in mind your gonna need a decent gauge of wire to power your downriggers safely. Some 12v lighter outlets have minimal gauge wires running to them. And if the outlet you are considering is a distance from where rigger will be you’ll need even heavier wire to work well.

I think there is a misunderstanding, I have scotty electric downriggers on my boat, with two marinco style plugs, and they are wired with heavy gauge wire. I want to get an adapter that will plug into the marinco outlet that will let me plug in regular 12 volt adapters, I sleep on my boat and want to be able to plug in my CPAP machine which draws less amps than the downriggers 30 amp circuit setup.

I think there is a misunderstanding, I have scotty electric downriggers on my boat, with two marinco style plugs, and they are wired with heavy gauge wire. I want to get an adapter that will plug into the marinco outlet that will let me plug in regular 12 volt adapters, I sleep on my boat and want to be able to plug in my CPAP machine which draws less amps than the downriggers 30 amp circuit setup.
Do you not have any room left to mount one on your dash? I use my dash mounted 12v plug in all day to charge my phone and what not. Not hard to wire up if you have a bus bar under your dash

Not a matter of room, just I don't have time to wire this up before I head out on a trip and was looking for something fast.

Never seen an adaptor like that but buying a male scotty plug and a 12 volt socket and some wire would be a pretty quick fix.

Back