What's for dinner tonight ?

After watching some of the crew at Island West attack their rockfish with toolbox full of tin snips, wire cutters, wire brushes, scissors and a knife, I decided to join the club for one of mine. Much less waste and some of the bits around the collar, spine and fins, that we throw out when filleting, were tasty and moist.
black rockfish.jpg
black rockfish bones.jpg

Spent yesterday out in the 30 degree heatwave, painting the huge fence that runs around our place. Was sunburned and in a bit of a chitty mood when She Who Rules said: What's for Din-Din. Ignored my initial internal response which would have gone like: "Whatever the hell your making"... LOL Self preservation mode kicked in thankfully!

Did not want much due to heatstroke, and sure as hell id not want to heat up the house by cooking much either. A little rummaging, found a bag of prawns, a vac sealed bag of Dungeness crab, an avo, some shrooms, few cherry tomatoes, onions and salad greens from the yard. Good to go.
Light, refreshing & Yummy!

1qlXpdQ.jpg

aqJc9Wm.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

Oh snap.. a new level :) :)

Lol I don't know about that but thank you. Hard to keep up with all these amazing dishes everyone's making here. I enjoy the homesteading kind of stuff too so maybe my post might spark some posts from other members of their homesteading set ups. Must be quite a few here hunting, fishing, raising livestock, growing their own veggies, making their own wine, beer, liquors etc. I enjoy seeing other folks' ways of living/eating and enjoying life and mother nature :)

Back