Vancouver Island Camping w/ Fishing Recommendations

shafty85

Bought a wall tent (10x12) this past summer and my first fly fishing rod (9ft 5/6) last week. My brother is coming out to the Island this weekend and we're looking to get to a spot where we can set up the wall tent and fish for trout. Obviously my skills are/will be low, having just bought my first fly rod, but it would be great to get out and have at least some success (at least on his end as he has far more experience fly fishing than me).

We'd like to be able to get away from the crowds while staying within a reasonable travel distance for a long weekend from Nanaimo. I was thinking Maple Lake Saturday morning and then moving on to set up camp further north island but am fully open to suggestions. We were also thinking Nahmint Lake.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Courtenay Seal bay Camgound .25 $ campsite pond side 15 $ to fly fish for lunker rainbows in the pond and a warm comfortable common area to get dry if you need to bring out the flytie kit .great way to stay close to town and have fun with the struggle stick.Martha lk ,boat must be in back of truck and not on top due to lack of clearance from fallen tree ,bring some duck tape paddles and repair one of the deralic boats that are at the lake.both spots you will find monster rainbows that you can flyfish from shore .good luck FC

Back