Stamp/Somass

quote:Originally posted by Dinnertime

Too bad all the steel sit in the falls pool and arn't spread down low like the old days.Instead of *****-n about the crowds why dont you fellas put pressure on the MOE to start upping the hatch steel smolts and releasing them in the lower so we can get our driftboats out again and get away from the masses!

The people that know how to fish are doing just fine down below. Its just that all the desperate people go to the falls pool because of this myth that its the only place holding steelies. I do agree that more fish wouldnt hurt the situation though.

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

I fished the stamp lots late 80's, early 90's. Was pretty crowded at times then too. We could launch at Coleman road or Seatons park on the Sproat, then pull out just below Swansons pool. Those were the 20 fish days. As for now..you guys can have it.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!
Yeh all the murpheys fleet out there and the independants,but there was always room to fish and the fish were always biting.Throw a fish butches way once in awhile and driftboat was good to go.Now theres more fisherman stacked up at the falls pool then fish.

well on a positive note...was at falls pool..killed 1 hen.lots of guys and enough fish 2 go round.saw a couple of fish landed in the high teens.got my boy down in the afternoon..little 2 crowded 4 him(but thats where he wanted 2 go)..i hooked 1 on the centre pin and handed him the rod..he landed 11-12lb wild doe.(dusted his knuckles real good):D

day b4 saw a wild fish landed pushing 20lbs.that was that kids first steelie.i congradulated him on a nice catch.then gave him and his buddies an ear full 4 leavin garbage from the nite b4.very sad situation goin on.[V]

happy new year ladies and gents[8D]

cheers 2 tailwalkin square tails

skakes

spinnin pinnin and grinnin

havent even really bothered with the stamp yet only once...have managed to get 11 steelies in the past 4 days though [8D] not to desprit to fish the stamp the crowds in some of the spolts sound way to rediculous[V]

LOL,,,WHICH BARREL ARE YOU FISHING[?][?][?] inquiring minds want to know,,,,hell i want to know 2....[^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

quote:Originally posted by steeliehead

Summer runs don't count lol

Why not? They are the same fish. A steelhead is a steelhead. I actually prefer to catch summers as they are usually bigger and more aggressive.

big steel, big pimpin

Bigger? On the Thompson and Skeena for sure but on the Island? Whatever floats your boat, I guess a coho is a coho too if its chrome or a tomatoe.:D

Bigger? On the Thompson and Skeena for sure but on the Island? Whatever floats your boat, I guess a coho is a coho too if its chrome or a tomatoe.:D

Nope, those are different. There are Cohos and Tomate-hos :D
By the sounds of things it might be worth a look out there

Sure, time for steeliehead to get off the meat rivers like the stamp and so some bushwackin [^]

big steel, big pimpin

Bushwackin' if you only knew, GOC or GOG. Try bushwackin the headwaters of the Nass for two months in prime grizzly territory, or do you even know where that is? BEAK!.

steeliehead are you grumpy you better go set some hooks or somethin.beak hahahahaha love it.

all i can say is im sick of going into areas where i used to fish and run into maybe 1 or 2 other anglers went out yesterday and ran into 10 different people on a small stretch of runs other rivers on thiss island need a hatchery program to keep the outa towners out :D

I hear ya Steeliehead, this is beak headquarters. For the record, Stamp river summers arent bigger than the winters runs. I find the average winter is a pound or 2 bigger than the average summer.

Thanks for the pointers I got a while back. I took a look and found lots of fantastic water, but considering the results perhaps I should have stuck with my old spots. Anyway, I am looking forward to a few more trips in the coming weeks.

Out of curiosity, what is an "amateur beak?" Is it one who is new to fishing or to beaking? And what the heck is beaking?

just wondering if the SSS is considered 1 system..or is the somass the somass..stamp is the stamp..sproat is the sproat???cause my biggest fish outa the SSS measured 19.2lbs..and it was a summer run.

steeliehead..u say your sick of amatuer beaks?what r u telling us your a pro mouth piece[?][?][?]

on another note...ive been doin lots of fishing..and doin well:D2 say the least:Dbut when some1 walks out in front of me and stands on the spot where weve been pulling fish out of THATS A PROBLEM:(i have no problems standing shoulder 2 shoulder.but lets fish the hole without spooking it.it amazes me what miss conception anglers have when it comes on where 2 stand 2 fish a hole.very frustrating..i guess we will just chaulk this up 2 inexperience..or pig headed.not 2 mention there were no more fish pulled outa that slot 4 the remainder of that day.

stay tuned...ive got pics comin...lots:D

shakes

spinnin pinnin and grinnin[8D]

quote:Originally posted by shake a paw

just wondering if the SSS is considered 1 system..or is the somass the somass..stamp is the stamp..sproat is the sproat???cause my biggest fish outa the SSS measured 19.2lbs..and it was a summer run.

steeliehead..u say your sick of amatuer beaks?what r u telling us your a pro mouth piece[?][?][?]

on another note...ive been doin lots of fishing..and doin well:D2 say the least:Dbut when some1 walks out in front of me and stands on the spot where weve been pulling fish out of THATS A PROBLEM:(i have no problems standing shoulder 2 shoulder.but lets fish the hole without spooking it.it amazes me what miss conception anglers have when it comes on where 2 stand 2 fish a hole.very frustrating..i guess we will just chaulk this up 2 inexperience..or pig headed.not 2 mention there were no more fish pulled outa that slot 4 the remainder of that day.

stay tuned...ive got pics comin...lots:D

shakes

spinnin pinnin and grinnin[8D]
Probally a Vedder River Fisher,thats what they do there,as soon as they see you catch a fish they all run over and crowd you out.I know alot of them headed over to the island after hearing all the steelhead you island boys are catching over there.

Back