Stabicraft Boats

the butcher

curious if anyone here knows of a person or has owned a Stabicraft boat before? They aren't very popular in North America because they are a boat manufacturer from New Zealand. However, they have a dealer over in Washington State. Seems like a VERY solid boat with some great detail for the fishing enthusiast. Looking at their 15-16ft model. They have pontoons filled with foam and offer great floatation and stability.

If anyone here has owned one or has been on one, curious to get your feedback.

curious if anyone here knows of a person or has owned a Stabicraft boat before? They aren't very popular in North America because they are a boat manufacturer from New Zealand. However, they have a dealer over in Washington State. Seems like a VERY solid boat with some great detail for the fishing enthusiast. Looking at their 15-16ft model. They have pontoons filled with foam and offer great floatation and stability. If anyone here has owned one or has been on one, curious to get your feedback.
If you join one of the WA Sate Facebook aluminum boat groups, there are few guys on there that bought new ones from local dealers.

careful they are knocked off big time
There’s a dealer in Washington that sells the real thing. I was considering one until I costed out tariffs. I approached Stabicraft direct to see why there are no canadian dealers. They aren’t interested in the market, to small.

There’s a dealer in Washington that sells the real thing. I was considering one until I costed out tariffs. I approached Stabicraft direct to see why there are no canadian dealers. They aren’t interested in the market, to small.

yes i know i just didn’t want him to get duped. the one i saw was very convincing:):)

yes i know i just didn’t want him to get duped. the one i saw was very convincing:):)

Never heard of someone doing a knock off from any boat builder let alone a stabicraft. Did the knock off boat actually have all the decals and branding/badge on the boat?

Do you recall what the tariffs were? Was it a percentage of the price or a flat rate?

Never heard of someone doing a knock off from any boat builder let alone a stabicraft. Did the knock off boat actually have all the decals and branding/badge on the boat?
absolutely true, there is a video where the owner for StabiCraft purchased one and did a survey and comparison to one of his.

Do you recall what the tariffs were? Was it a percentage of the price or a flat rate?
Percentage of price as the boats don’t originate in the states. I was looking at a 21’ or bigger. It made them less desirable even though I fell in love with the boats.

there’s literally a million boston whaler montauks out there that are total knock offs. right down to the decals.
I think Campion got sued by Sea Ray for splashing a mould from one of their hulls and using it. This knock off happens often.

Foam degrades over time, more so with water exposure. Any idea what the flotation is like after 20 years? Lots of the foam in the bottom of boats is terrible, but due to not being sealed in, like it is in the Stabicraft.

Love the marketing of the stabicraft, especially that fishing pro who builds a new one every couple of years, a few are owned by people on the island and more in Washington state. Love the sight lines and ability to back up easily and the open Cuddy/doors over the NZ boat. Pretty short sighted, thinking the Canadian market is too small. It may be that our aluminum boat builders are too awesome and they can't compete :), would love our builders to incorporate some of the design features.

Not to derail the thread from the Stabicraft discussion, the boats at the show were not imported as imitations of stabicrafts but as boats designed and built in consultation with the Canadian tradesman and the manufacturer. The other "importer" on the island I can't speak for. Back to Stabicrafts!

Im pretty sure they sell these boats out of Chemainus near Duncan. You see them on the side of the highway when you drive by.

There was a big boy version there when I drove my on Sunday. Looked to be 24ft plus

Edit: selling the knock offs

Last edited:
I have owned a bright orange stabicraft I was the original owner. The 2nd owner called me to buy it back and I’m considering becoming a boat owner again. I have owned 13 boats mostly welded aluminum and a lot of people say the stabicraft is ugly but I can tell you they are awesome. Not cheap but well put together and work very well, super stable and well thought out fishing boats. I’m surprised they don’t have a Canadian dealer but there is extra cost to importing a boat from NZ to Canada. Love them!!!

Im pretty sure they sell these boats out of Chemainus near Duncan. You see them on the side of the highway when you drive by.

There was a big boy version there when I drove my on Sunday. Looked to be 24ft plus

No I’m pretty sure they are selling a knock off

Back