outboard Suzuki

T

terrence w

Thinking about buying a 9.9 Suzuki outboard short shaft.
any one that knowes something about these motors
good bad let me no ok 2 strok Low hrs. good prise
Thanks Wesley

POS. RUN AWAY. Big suzuki = good. Suzuki Kicker = POS that will rattle the transom off of any little boat out there! That's why everywhere that is selling them is dumping them for WAY less then Yam/Honda/Merc etc.

I'm not going to say how I know, just that when I got a guide deal on my big Zukes (Which are great), the rep told me "I don't really think you want to have a 9.9 Suzuki kicker on your boat due to vibration issues".

I also fish with the foreman at a shop that sells 'em, they are having lots of trouble with small Suzuki engines vibrating. Not breaking, just vibration.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Thanks guys for the info on the Suzuki.
Does that mean all 9.9 and smaller shake? The reason i ask is i
bought it. Checked the posting before i went out and there was no postings.So we were going over to visit my son right past
were the motor was. Sead to the wife lets check it out.No reply.
But you no what that means? Any-way get there motor starts on the
second pull ,runs great not to loud, no vibes, clean.So for $500.
i bought it.
Now for the rub.Got home read your comments told the wife (BIG
MISTAKE) The wife bloo up. Dumb,Stuped, the hole ball of wax guys.
I kept saying i no i no she yak yak yak. Why didint you wait for
for the postings. yak yak yak yak
GEEEEEZ wish i had waited Yak YAK yak still.
O WELL WESLEY

Thanks guys for the info on the Suzuki.
Does that mean all 9.9 and smaller shake? The reason i ask is i
bought it. Checked the posting before i went out and there was no postings.So we were going over to visit my son right past
were the motor was. Sead to the wife lets check it out.No reply.
But you no what that means? Any-way get there motor starts on the
second pull ,runs great not to loud, no vibes, clean.So for $500.
i bought it.
Now for the rub.Got home read your comments told the wife (BIG
MISTAKE) The wife bloo up. Dumb,Stuped, the hole ball of wax guys.
I kept saying i no i no she yak yak yak. Why didint you wait for
for the postings. yak yak yak yak
GEEEEEZ wish i had waited Yak YAK yak still.
O WELL WESLEY

my boat as a kid had a 20 hp suzuki 2 stk (late 80's early 90's)...it was fantastic.
buddy of mine had a 9.9 oil injected zuke kicker and thought it was great.
have heard nothing but negatives about the 4 strokes.

my boat as a kid had a 20 hp suzuki 2 stk (late 80's early 90's)...it was fantastic.
buddy of mine had a 9.9 oil injected zuke kicker and thought it was great.
have heard nothing but negatives about the 4 strokes.

There are issues with the larger engines too...drive shafts get stuck in the upper coupler to the point that you have to cut the drive shaft in half to drop the leg for a water pump replacement. (in some cases) Becomes an expensive pump replacement.

Thanks guys for your responce. The motor is an older one 86 with
low hrs on it all fresh water. The motor belonged to a older gent.
up contry whom is dec now. Reason for selling estate. He used
it on a small lake over the years.
So thats it wife is glad im happy.:) So thanks again
Terrence w

Meh.....I have one of those 100:1 2 stroke 9.9 Suzukis on my Searay. It was a $300. used kicker 18 yrs. ago. The Suzuki just keeps on trolling. I would suggest approx. 200 to 250 hrs. per year. I cannot believe how reliable that old engine has been. Some years it takes 2 or 3 pulls to get it started for the first time of the season. Oh, I did put some new spark plugs in it about 3 or 4 years ago.
I do have a newer 4 stroke Evinrude ready to go if the Suzuki fails but apparently its not time yet. :D

are the 2006's bad too. I need new kicker. A 2006 was posted for a decent price on another list. I am interested but after reading this maybe not so much.

MJ

Yep,my 08 year Suzuki 9.9 vibrated the whole boat[in gear at very low rpm,s]Dealer said..they all run like that!THe only way I could get past it was to DOWN PITCH the prop 2 inches to a 5 so that the rpm would come up at my trolling speed

Back