Octo

trophywife

Crew Member
Got some more octopusseses.... Got any recipes?

yes the halis will get a peice, tried prawning and crabbing with it also, worked well, now i just wanna eat some that doesnt turn out like rubber.

Ya, that's the tough part *pun intended ;)

I have heard that it involves skinning it, but no one has ever shown me the right way to do it. Also heard it involves removing 2 layers.

Taco is one of my favourite things to order at the sushi bars, but for now, that looks like the only place I'll be eating it. Much to my cat's delight!

This might be worth a shot:
http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&sugexp=gsis%2Ci18n%3Dtrue&cp=14&gs_id=15&xhr=t&q=how+to+cook+octopus&pf=p&sclient=psy&rlz=1R2ADFA_enCA402&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=how+to+cook+oc&aq=0&aqi=g2g-s1g2&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=50c93dd39b7636a7&biw=1229&bih=575

Blanch it, pull the skin off, lightly pound the mantle meat and pound the tentacles much heavier-------OR..... pressure cook the tentacles after removing the skin. Marinate in your favorite greek salad seasoning and enjoy. I have fond memories for having octopus salad for lunch in a seaside cafe outside of Naples . Slice thin rounds out of the tentacles works best too.

The only part I will feed to the butts is the end of the tentacles that are REALLY tough.

Back