FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA ECONOMIC IMPACT SURVEY

cohochinook

Got this from the SFI:

The SFI and the Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) are working together to better understand the economic implications of various fisheries management decisions affecting Canadians.
The revenue generated through tidal angling supports the businesses that service the sector directly, such as lodges, guides and charters. The spin-off impacts from this revenue spreads more broadly throughout the economy.
The survey, open until March 31, is to gain better understanding of lodge, charter and guide business operations in BC tidal waters. We welcome and encourage you to provide information and comments about the survey to support this research until March 31st. Here's the link or https://iseasurvey.ca/ls

I would strongly encourage everyone to complete the survey. There are indeed a few bumpy parts. Little helpful hint is if you are a guide or lodge operator, it will help to have your booking calendar handy so you can provide details of the number of individual days, and multiple days going back 3 seasons. They ask for days by species and area catch by PFMA sub-area - most of which is overly detailed at a too fine spatial scale etc. If you run into issues with the survey not letting you advance because you can't fill in the number of fish by species - just enter "0" It will let you move on...then make a note at the end of the survey telling them why you were not able to complete that section.

BUT, don't be discouraged from doing the survey. This economic data is super important for our Public fishery to be able to drill down to look at the economic cost/benefits of certain fishery management measures. We desperately need this data.

I would strongly encourage everyone to complete the survey. There are indeed a few bumpy parts. Little helpful hint is if you are a guide or lodge operator, it will help to have your booking calendar handy so you can provide details of the number of individual days, and multiple days going back 3 seasons. They ask for days by species and area catch by PFMA sub-area - most of which is overly detailed at a too fine spatial scale etc. If you run into issues with the survey not letting you advance because you can't fill in the number of fish by species - just enter "0" It will let you move on...then make a note at the end of the survey telling them why you were not able to complete that section.

BUT, don't be discouraged from doing the survey. This economic data is super important for our Public fishery to be able to drill down to look at the economic cost/benefits of certain fishery management measures. We desperately need this data.
Thanks for the further insight and advice!

I’d be careful what ya put for numbers of Chinook kept. Just my opinion.

need to do this 100% though If you guide. Should be pinned in saltwater section. Only 4 days left

Back