DFO Authority

I wonder what would happen if they "asked" if they could come aboard if you said that your boat is your principal residence. For a 24 footer not believable, but our boat is a 41 footer which you could live aboard . That should mean that the D.F.O. or R.C.M.P. should need a search warrant to go through your boat, methinks. Really, got nothing to hide, but don't like my rights being trampled on either.

...By the way did I mention that I have a 41 footer? It's 41 feet long. Just so you know. :cool:

That was not my point. I'm just saying you could legitimately claim that it was a principle residence vs. a smaller boat.

Why couldn’t you live on a 24footer if it had the basics? People live in smaller trailers then that, **** some people live in slide in campers.

That was not my point. I'm just saying you could legitimately claim that it was a principle residence vs. a smaller boat.
I know that I'm just bugging you. ;)
It's my thing apparantly.

I wonder what would happen if they "asked" if they could come aboard if you said that your boat is your principal residence. For a 24 footer not believable, but our boat is a 41 footer which you could live aboard . That should mean that the D.F.O. or R.C.M.P. should need a search warrant to go through your boat, methinks. Really, got nothing to hide, but don't like my rights being trampled on either.
If they have reasonable grounds to believe that you are doing anything relating to fishing / fisheries act they can search without warrant. I'd assume that they'd 'ask' out of principle but if you denied, they coming aboard anyway lol.

Back