PAL renewal delays

pescador

Anybody else experiencing what I am with my PAL renewal. I applied 6 months ago, 3 months before my license expired. Still waiting. I call Ottawa and they say its approved. Its sitting with the BC Chief Firearms Officer. I can't find the number to call them in Surrey. Not even sure they would respond. They seem to only have a fax number. Who the hell uses fax. I asked the guy in Ottawa if it was legal to have firearms without a valid license. No response. Looks like the system is really f'd up.

I think your license has an extension for 6 months after expire because of the delays.

I called bc cfo to get my guns you use with one hand approved. There is an extension number they change every once in a while. Check out the CGN forum. So much info there.

I just renewed mine in December and had it 6 weeks later. That was for Restricted, Non-Restricted. And just a heads up, if you print off the form for renewal then make sure it’s the current form. When you go to the website to renew you may end up printing out an outdated form. I’m lucky I caught it in time. My sister wasn’t so lucky. Was taking her renewal forever, she contacted Maramichi and they wanted a few dollars more because the form she used was from a year or 2 ago. Price has been creeping up by a few bucks per annum.

Update, Called the number 32knots provided (thanks). On the phone with an excellent agent for 5 minutes……she says let me check. Comes back with ” I just got it approved for you”. It was obviously ready for approval. She said since the Oct 2022 handgun law changes that things have been delayed, and that 6 months wasn’t out of the ordinary. She was very accommodating. Great service.

I renewed mine. It was restricted but only got back non restricted. They told me there are no more restricted because you can't buy them.
I will look into this again now. Maybe it was a way to stop restricted sales or ownership.
It does seem ALL restricted guns cannot be sold or bought or maybe this is just a back door method of elimination of some guns.

I waited 9 months. They told me to resubmit because the photo was too old. How would they know? So I did the resubmit. Then waited another 7 months. Absurd.

I renewed mine. It was restricted but only got back non restricted. They told me there are no more restricted because you can't buy them.
I will look into this again now. Maybe it was a way to stop restricted sales or ownership.
It does seem ALL restricted guns cannot be sold or bought or maybe this is just a back door method of elimination of some guns.

I renewed my RPAL a month ago. It came back with the restricted label on it.
You are being fed a line of BS.
Definitely look into it.
It simply isn't just pistols that are "restricted".
And contrary to your thoughts, many can indeed be bought, sold or traded.

I'd be howling MAD!

Nog

Back