Buddy's new boat

Chasin' Dreams

This isn't the boat from my other thread where my friend is building that one. This one my other friend had built in Campbell River by Iron Horse Welding. He builds out of his home shop. I haven't seen this boat in person yet but I saw another he was building when we went out there to make build plans for this one. We are picking it up next week.

It's a 22' but looks much bigger I think. Well laid out. Raised up the free board height from his previous builds and added some nice custom additions here and there on the boat. Full walk around center console. 200 Yammy and kicker. The builder rigged it all too with radar, plotter, riggers, puller etc..

Can't wait to get it bloody next week.

66365598_647451149089794_2613034261522939904_n.jpg

Last edited:
If it’s not pictures of delicious, beautifully presented food you’re posting, it’s pictures of boats that most of us would only dream of owning. :)
Glad you like the food and boat pics! Both my passions :)

Man that looks all business.
Definitely all business lol. We should be going out in it in next day or two. Will post up some pics with hopefully some blood on the deck.

Good looking Boat! I would name it the Mullet. All business up front and party in the back!
Lol that's an awesome name! He hasn't officially named it yet either so I'll pass it along as a suggestion. Funny thing is the owner actually had a pretty kick butt mullet back in the day :D

Just for the record I never had a mullet though.

Does he have a windlass on her?
Nope. His original budget was to have one included but that meant getting a good used main motor instead of the brand new one. But he ended up going with brand new motor cause they couldn't find a great condition used one to save some $ on. So the funds dwindled off and the windlass will have to go in a bit later.

You floss those puppies at Gill Bar?
Nope. That's not the Fraser and those Socks were Krill caught under a strike indicator, 8 lb flourocarbon and a Hardy center pin. If you haven't caught them that way you gotta give it a go. We were the first group doing it on the Harrison in crystal clear water :) Then we made a mistake and showed one local guide where and how and when and that was the end of that for us... But then the natives starting shooting .22's out across the water right before dawn as boats would start showing up. Got to be quite the **** show for awhile lol. But we found another private spot after that.

Nope. That's not the Fraser and those Socks were Krill caught under a strike indicator, 8 lb flourocarbon and a Hardy center pin. If you haven't caught them that way you gotta give it a go. We were the first group doing it on the Harrison in crystal clear water :) Then we made a mistake and showed one local guide where and how and when and that was the end of that for us... But then the natives starting shooting .22's out across the water right before dawn as boats would start showing up. Got to be quite the **** show for awhile lol. But we found another private spot after that.
Nice, I have short floated for Socks on the Harry. Same for Chums. Unbelievable action.

Nice, I have short floated for Socks on the Harry. Same for Chums. Unbelievable action.
One of my favorite ways to catch salmon. Have done it in the salt chuck too when they're stacking at the Fraser mouth. Krill or fresh pumped Ghost Shrimp under floats. Haven't done that for a while now. We site fish for them when they are jumping/finning. Same with the Pinks will smash shrimp under floats too. A lot of fun and a nice change from trolling. Planning on doing it for Coho up island too at one of the river mouths where they stack up like crazy just before the flood tide.

Back