Browns Bay

I am thinking about trying for chum this weekend.
The last 2 weekends were a bust.
Does anyone have any info on whether chum are showing yet at Brown?

Went on Thursday, they're were chum jumping everywhere, Bite turned on for short period of time as soon as they stopped jumping, had 4 fish on at once landed 2, 5 other boats all getting the odd fish. Ended the day with 4 chum all around 10 pounds

Has anyone got some recent chum info from Brown Bay?
I have called the marina many times in the last 10 days and not reached a person yet.
Hoping for one last try this coming Saturday, but don't want to make a pointless run up island.

Smiley, I called yesterday (Wednesday) and reached the attendant. She told me that she did not know if the fishing was any good because no one was going out. It was a nice day on Wednesday. If no one is going out, that tells me the fishing still slow.

Reached Monica today, finally ;-)
She said the same to me.
I figure that if the fishing has been late all year, and they weren't there all the way up to derby date, then they well could be there NOW.
People are odd critters, we have all had great days alone on the chuck.
If I lived in CR, I would hit it tomorrow for sure. Being in Nanaimo makes me only want to burn truck fuel for a reasonable chance at fish.

Just winterized the boat today. May regret it but freezer is full. This has not been a great a chum year from the reports I've heard, both from recreational fishermen and commercial guys. Smiley, I hope you are right and they are just late but I think this is a poor return year for chum. Good luck if you do go and please post how you did.

Back