Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I’m sure if you fished in my boat you would strongly consider “upgrading” to a double eagle 176
I do miss my 18' boat sometimes. Sometimes.

I think that the goal would be to have a dedicated fishing boat one day. Something trailerable with no carpets covering carpets with carpets to wipe your feet on first.

I really appreciate the classic design of the Commander and have memories from previous decades sitting in the command tower on Chris Crafts and Tollycrafts. Not sure why nobody really builds that style these days. That said, I live on the south island and I like to get up to the north island or west coast every summer for a family vacation. I think that restricts me to a boat that is trailerable. Having to run a boat by water from Vic to Telegraph Cove or Port Hardy or Winter Harbour really changes planning when the number of vacation days off each summer is limited. How big a deal/how expensive is it to have a tow service haul a boat that size up the island?

I really appreciate the classic design of the Commander and have memories from previous decades sitting in the command tower on Chris Crafts and Tollycrafts. Not sure why nobody really builds that style these days. That said, I live on the south island and I like to get up to the north island or west coast every summer for a family vacation. I think that restricts me to a boat that is trailerable. Having to run a boat by water from Vic to Telegraph Cove or Port Hardy or Winter Harbour really changes planning when the number of vacation days off each summer is limited. How big a deal/how expensive is it to have a tow service haul a boat that size up the island?
Give Don at All Tow for a quote.

He’s the best!

(250) 730-1259

Might be able to do it with a triple axle and a weight distribution hitch on a newer single rear wheel one ton with a permit but it would be tough to haul it with family/loaded and not be overweight. Likely cheaper to get a guy to do it but it would hurt every time, why not go for a dually and have lots of fun being the biggest on the road?

I even know a guy on Bainbridge.....so tempting. Anyone looking for a fun project, pull the trigger before I sell something and buy this.

I even know a guy on Bainbridge.....so tempting. Anyone looking for a fun project, pull the trigger before I sell something and buy this.
Where would you run a flat bottom type of hull like that though?

probably not that much when it wass new
My 2007 SeaSport 24xl which has a lot less options list price was $122,000 USD. Depending on options it came with it could have easily cost $140,000. Looks to be an original outboard: photos are not great but doesn’t appear to have the stainless air louvers for an inboard, older swim steps/pods built original from PDR marine used white grip tape vs newer pods have black grip tape on them.

Tolman skiffs have some deadrise and this boat is flat bottomed. It might look like a Tolman, but I don’t think it is.

I know a Dr. who owns a Commander 30 in Bellingham. He boats up to Rivers Inlet every summer. Takes him 10 to 12 hours. Of course you have to pick your weather window. I take mine to Bamfield from North Vancouver. Is about 7 to 8 hours there and about 6.5 hours back (usually coming back with the waves)
This summer I heard of other owners who get their boat trailered from either Nanaimo to Port Alberni or Campbell River to Gold River. The cost was surprisingly cheap I thought. Like $200 one way. It may even be the Don at All Tow mentioned here. He has a Hydraulic trailer.

To answer your question as to why they don't build that style anymore I think it is drink holders. New boats are purchased on the number of drink holders, lounge seats, and graphics. i.e. Bling. Most boats now a days are very impractical to spend any amount of time them or for them to retain their value. Classic designs like the Commander/SeaSport/Skagit Orca hold their value because they are so well made and designed for the purpose they are built for. Mine is a 2005 and would sell for close to what is was originally purchased for. I look at a lot of boats and there really is isn't anything else that offers what you get in well made west coast 30 foot boat for $150K. That being said it is a multi purpose boat not just a fishing boat. I am cruising more than fishing now but its nice to know I can pretty much go anywhere safely and in comfort.

Sorry back to boats for sale

Back