2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also had this happen twice. Was he successful at taking anyone’s catch today?
Happened to me on Tuesday off Cowans. Took our fish then couldn’t get back in air and swam a full hundred yards to the rocks clutching the fish, amazing. Also if you look up past the Cowan light in the trees you’ll see a lemon lime flasher hanging and spinning in the wind. I think these eagles have found the way to an easy meal. Very cool though.

Did you get out this morning? I was rolling one bait but it was bigger than those. Honestly there was something up, very rare for me to not even get a nibble. I tried every combo I have. Something up with the moon? :confused:
West van is a flood tide fishery. You should’ve pushed further out to Bowen.

Yah I totally thought that. I was trying to keep it out west as much as possible but couldn't get out there due to yet another issue with the beast. :(

How on earth would you know that???
Maybe because I buy them and use them to catch fish?? :D
Couple weeks ago I went through a pack in 3 hours at thrasher. Nothing for the bbq but we had bites at all depths on a tight role. They didn’t like rubber that day.

I clean up my freezer at the start of the season. All leftover cured roe and bait go in the trash. A trip is more expensive than buying a fresh pack of choices and putting it in the home-made juice. But then there are guys who never touch meat and still manage to fill their freezer. So, “what do I know!”

Maybe because I buy them and use them to catch fish?? :D
Couple weeks ago I went through a pack in 3 hours at thrasher. Nothing for the bbq but we had bites at all depths on a tight role. They didn’t like rubber that day.

I clean up my freezer at the start of the season. All leftover cured roe and bait go in the trash. A trip is more expensive than buying a fresh pack of choices and putting it in the home-made juice. But then there are guys who never touch meat and still manage to fill their freezer. So, “what do I know!”
I just mean how did you know I was using 4 month old bait lol?! I found a tupperware of chovies pre-tied sitting in brine in my shed fridge. Thought I'd give em a roll.

I caught mine at West Van on Wednesday leading up to the ebb slack tide - and it was a strong ebb tide. The flood definitely pushes new fish into the west van shoreline, but once they are there at this time of year I find they stick around but just get spread out a bit. I do not always have the luxury of fishing during ideal tides, and I have been surprised at times catching good numbers of fish in areas where I was previously told they will not be there because of tides. I think being the only person fishing an area and the only lure the fish see also helps in this situation.

I just mean how did you know I was using 4 month old bait lol?! I found a tupperware of chovies pre-tied sitting in brine in my shed fridge. Thought I'd give em a roll.

Nothing wrong with using old chovies. I use the old golden ones from two years back if I still have them. Fished all 2019 with 2018 bait. (I buy by the case). I don’t believe salmon are that discriminating in our cold dark waters. Just salt the **** outta them.

Got to Bowen by 6:30 am. Basically got nothing but Chinook shakers until around 10 when got a 7 lb. Coho at 70 feet on the riggers in about 300 to 350 feet of water. Way too much salad out there and what's up with the high percentage of shakers?

Got to Bowen by 6:30 am. Basically got nothing but Chinook shakers until around 10 when got a 7 lb. Coho at 70 feet on the riggers in about 300 to 350 feet of water. Way too much salad out there and what's up with the high percentage of shakers?
Curious what your leader length was. We were picking up a bunch of shakers a couple of weeks ago one one side and on the other with a shorter leader was picking up chinook, no shakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back