2018 Central Coast Reports

Discussion in '2018 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2018.

1. SFBC

SFBC Admin Staff Member

Post your 2018 fishing reports here!

2. Bambam

Bambam Member

I know nobody likes talking about this area however.... Has anyone been up in the area lately who can give me a quick report. Heading up from Hardy on Sunday for 3-4 weeks. Going North into area 6 then working my way south....

Bambam

Slaag likes this.
  3. Geno

Geno Member

Just got back from weekend at Rivers Inlet. Some good spring fishing at the wall and other areas. Exploring trip tried a few different areas - Calvert etc. Best action was on herring and hoocheys.

saanauk, Slaag and Scorpiofisher like this.
  4. Prfisher

Prfisher New Member

Love that country... Best fishing I ever saw was at the mouth of Draney inlet on an outgoing tide. Double headers were the norm. That was some years back, though. I'd like to go back again, if only to explore the amazing network of inlets.

Slaag likes this.
  5. Slaag

Slaag New Member

I’m heading up there the 26-30th to sportsman’s lodge. Would love to hear more details around areas and the lodge itself. Looks great but every year is different and there arent any reports so far that I can find about rivers inlet this year anywhere.

6. Geno

Geno Member

You will have some good fishing areas close to your location - The wall is very close to sportsmen lodge and there can be some big fish around. At that time it will be busy. You could also look closer to Draney Inlet. The coho fishing at Calvert Island can be good. It's a pretty long run though. I'm sure that the lodge will fill you in on the hotspots. Having said that there are lots of areas to try out if you want to explore a little. Are you self guiding your whole trip? We will be there at the same time.

Big Easy and Slaag like this.
  7. Slaag

Slaag New Member

Thanks Geno. We are self guided for now but “first on the list” if a guide becomes available. Hopefully they will help us fill the boat more than self guided if we go that route. Are you staying at sportsman’s or another lodge? It looks like they take care of their guests pretty well so I suppose we’ll get some good advice as you said. Looking forward to getting up there. Haven’t been before.

8. alctel

alctel Member

Hey, hearing north of cape caution towards Bella bella tomorrow in my sailboat, wondering if anyone can point me at some good spots? Would love to get a Hali as never have caught one one, same with ling. I have downriggers so can also go for springs.

Will be probably anchored at fury cove or a bit further north - and I only go 6 knots, so anything nearish there would be great.

Thanks in advance!

9. Scorpiofisher

Scorpiofisher New Member

Weather permitting, I'm hoping to make the run from Hardy to the Central Coast on August 1st. Anyone else running up there at that time? Planning to spend 5 days on the boat fishing various spots between Rivers and Milbanke.

Trophy79 likes this.
  10. Trophy79

Trophy79 Member

Hi Scorpiofisher,

I’ll be doing the crossing from Hardy to Rivers on July 25, spending 10 nights in total up and down the coast. My first 3 nights will be at Duncanby then I depart north hitting Bella Bella, Klemtu and Hartley Bay. Will be doing the crossing back to Port Hardy on Aug 4.
    We’ll be doing the majority of my fishing at Rivers, but hope to find some little Halibut holes and coho spots from locals as I venture the rest of the coast. Fell free to PM me if you want to chat.
    Cheers