Search results

1. Alex_c

WTB: 2007 Mercury/Tohatsu 9.9 Pro Kicker remote or tiller

Looking for either a remote or tiller with controls for electric start and power trim/tilt. Ideally with wiring harness like the one in the photo (Tohatsu type)
  2. Alex_c

WTB Handheld VHF

Looking for a decent, newer handheld if anyone has anything kicking around. I am located in East Vancouver
  3. Alex_c

Good deal on Milwaukee M12 kit

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwaukee-tool-m12-12v-lithium-ion-cordless-combo-kit-5-tool-w-2-1-5ah-batteries-charger-and-tool-bag/1001358116 They have a few in stock in Squamish, but I got Summit tools to mostly match the price at $329.99 I wanted a cordless ratchet and most of my...
  4. Alex_c

Is this a tanner crab?

Found in a prawn trap near the mouth of Saanich Inlet. Haven’t seen one before and want to confirm the species.
  5. Alex_c

Evinrude Gasket Sealing Compound Alternatives

This stuff is the cat’s butt in my opinion, especially for sealing threads on stainless bolts in aluminum castings. I pretty much use it like I would use anti-seize compound in non-marine applications, that is, on pretty much every single bolt. I was advised to use this stuff by the guys at...
  6. Alex_c

Harvesting Shellfish around Stuart Channel

So I’m looking at this map, and I want to double check if it’s accurate. I’m in an area close to a “green” zone, so I am wondering if I can actually harvest shellfish. https://gisp.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/Html5Viewer/Index.html?viewer=CSSP_Public_En_Site&locale=en Does anyone on the south island...
  7. Alex_c

Wanted: Yamaha 50hp 4 stroke cowling

Seeing if anyone has a spare in good shape kicking around. My motor is a 2004 2003 F50TLRB. Not sure exactly what years interchange but the part number is 62Y-42610-30-4D Mine is rough and seeing if I can find a clean one for a decent price to save the hassle of re-painting and new decals...
  8. Alex_c

3 Tickets to Gov’t Mule tonight at the Vogue

Planned on going but had other obligations. Face value is $78/each after tax and fees. Have 3 available. Anyone looking?
  9. Alex_c

Coating an aluminum intake

Looking to coat this intake I bead blasted so it stays shiny. Options: - VHT or other hi-temp clear. Pros: Cheap and easy. Cons: will probably yellow - Powdercoat. Pros: durable, high quality finish. Cons: cost, I don’t have to coat it, but I gotta go pick up and drop off during work hours...
  10. Alex_c

Running 1989 Ford 5.0 motor core

I will have a running 5.0 (302 Windsor) from a Ford truck for sale soon. Has 279k km, and consider it a core as it has a intermittent knock that goes away when the engine warms up. I don’t think it’s a rod, my guess is piston slap from a bad wrist pin, but I have not confirmed diagnosis. I...
  11. Alex_c

Fishing Salt Spring Island

I am going to be house sitting on SSI for a number of days in the next few weeks, and I am wondering if it’s worth bringing my boat over. I’ll be staying on the west side of the island, and it looks like both the public boat ramps are on the east side. Is there any fishing on the east side? I...
  12. Alex_c

Parting out 1997 Jeep TJ 4.0

219,000 km. Lots of recent work done and upgrades. 4.0 6 cyl, 5 speed. 4.10 gears, Ford 8.8 rear axle with disc brakes and limited slip. NP232 transfer case with Advance Adapters SYE kit. Custom front and rear bumpers, rock sliders, etc, etc. Marketplace listing with prices...
  13. Alex_c

Auto PFDs

I should probably get a PFD I’ll actually wear, especially winter fishing in a small boat where taking a dunk in 4°C water will probably be unpleasant, especially if my muscles cramp up and I can’t swim. Anyone have any experience with this model...
  14. Alex_c

Anyone launch at Sewell’s recently?

Their site says they have 3 parking spots. Anyone know how much it costs, and how busy it is this time of year? Their site does seem to show rates for launching.
  15. Alex_c

Mac’s River Runner Prop Guard

Not sure what size it is, got it used for my old boat and ended up not using. Unfortunately the Mac’s site doesn’t have dimensions, and the unit has no markings identifying the size. Check the measurements in photos to see if it would work with your motor. Sold
  16. Alex_c

SEVEN SECRETS to a Great Hull Design | With Grady-White Expert Eric Sorenson

Really cool video. 11 and a half minutes jam packed with wisdom in hull design.
  17. Alex_c

Deal on vacuum sealer bags

Wells Can in Burnaby has a 2 for 1 deal on vac bags. I got 2 double packs of 8” x 20’ long rolls for $32. That’s a little over half of what the comparable food saver bags sell for. They also had some pretty impressive vac sealers in their show room. I went there to get hot sauce bottles...
  18. Alex_c

Fermenting Peppers for Hot Sauce

Since someone in the gardening hacks post asked me to post my process for fermenting peppers, I figured I’d create a new post explaining it. This is my third year of making hot sauce, so I’m by no means an expert. I do have some experience home brewing, and there are some techniques that carry...
  19. Alex_c

Christie HD6K 6500 Lumen DLP Projector

Christie HD6K 6500 Lumen DLP projector with standard 1.8-2.6:1 lens, optional dual input HD-SDI card and 2 remotes. Native 1920x1080 resolution. Under 350 lamp hours. Minty condition. Never gigged, toured or abused. Comes with original box. This thing is BRIGHT. Will light up a 108” screen...
  20. Alex_c

Lithium Batteries on Sale

Amazon in the US and Canada has lithium batteries on sale this week. https://www.amazon.com/power-queen-LiFePO4-Lithium-Lifespan/dp/B0C3D5H7X2/ You can get a pair of 100ah mini LiFePO4 batteries for $475 USD shipped. Prime days in the US tomorrow and Wednesday might have even deeper...
Back