Search results

1. prodjsaig

Flashers - suggestions

ya 60# run a dummy flasher. i may clip to a cannon ball clip it comes with the scotty riggers. go for it. i also have 60# for ling. ill do up some dummy flasher rigs.
  2. prodjsaig

two small holes in bilge...

Some water penetration will always happen. you have 3 years. you have to reseal your outboard trim tabs transducers. its a lot of work. boats are a lot of work. Vacuum pump is 300$ at most. protecting a 40k investment? pennies. reseal that **** 3 years.
  3. prodjsaig

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

For those that are giving me the gears I like you all. dont knock it until you try it. Trophy
  4. prodjsaig

Didnt rain much fish are holding. Guaranteed its not over thursday would be an incredible day to get out.
  5. prodjsaig

Yes you want to leave plugs in just to get an idea if water is getting in. Im going to do the vacuum pump on my transom and front bilge stringer this year. Leave hoses and compression fittings in plugged. then you can check it once a year no biggie.
  6. prodjsaig

Merc 175

im a sucker for looks mercs look bad *** :D
  7. prodjsaig

I drilled mine halfway between the bottom of the transom and the lower motor mount. I had to pull the drain tube out and dry it out. the drain is meant to be fiberglassed in but mine wasnt. the drain tube is compression fit normally with a bolt and die (flared shut). Since I dont have...
  8. prodjsaig

another thing you can do is dry it out and for right now get rubber plugs. plug them up. now get an 1/8 npt tap drill the hole and put in a compression fitting. go to a refrigeration supply store buy some 1/4 hose that fits the fitting and a vacuum pump. Get 3 or 4 halogen lights and point them...
  9. prodjsaig

The design of stringers are they sealed from the transom or do they go into the transom? I have composite stringers and am curious if water got into one of them as there are holes in the forward bilge. The idiot that owned the boat before me screwed the bilge directly into the stringer! I pulled...
  10. prodjsaig

Scotty 1106b and 1106, like new

Those are gold should always have an 1106 or a two belter can hook up on the retrieval because of the slower gear ratio i believe. The HP are a great comfort but ill always have a 1106.
  11. prodjsaig

Flashers - suggestions

Black blue green are all good for 100'. so the blue flasher would be a good one to try. Ive heard it works for the fraser as well. The herring aid flasher has an irish cream back and has black on it. Highly recommend that flasher got the 30lber last year on it.
  12. prodjsaig

Whats in my belly?

They are territorial and will attack anything lol thats really cool.
  13. prodjsaig

Flashers - suggestions

Thats a good point. do bottom so you cover the water column. I was a little concerned when fishing four rods that the flashers may be too much so we were running a naked spoon like 40 feet back on top. Will try a naked cut plug next season.
  14. prodjsaig

Flashers - suggestions

I have been a big fan of purple onion. seems to go with any lure and is my backup flasher now. Herring aid flasher, Chartreuse green like above is my go to and green with red stripe.
  15. prodjsaig

Flashers - suggestions

question for you guys do you ever use the scotty cannon ball release clip directly on the cannonball?
  16. prodjsaig

I got a wild yesterday on herring. nice spoon tried the herring aid spoon on the weekend. right size spoon 3.5 looks.
  17. prodjsaig

Hey that opti will be passing people with broken down new power and them having to wait under warranty to get fixed.
  18. prodjsaig

Merc 175

echo that 175 is equivalent to a 150 two stroke. so 175 - 200 4 stroke perfect.
  19. prodjsaig

Merc 175

I think they are 3l and the 200xl is 3.4L 200hp
  20. prodjsaig

Merc 175

$21k https://www.albernipowermarine.com/product/mercury-outboards/200-300-hp-mercury-fourstroke/200xl-fourstroke why not suzuki?
Back